Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAULT BATCH PLOT USELESS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
randallgraham4313
1919 Views, 6 Replies

VAULT BATCH PLOT USELESS

The Vault "Batch Plot" is useless to me. Either this product is seriously flawed or I am using it incorrectly.

I have drawings, all three come out at different sizes. The help pages that I printed out and followed to

the letter were no help either. I followed their instructions and it didn'r work either. Is there a known

bug on this product or an update to make it work?

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I have wasted a half a day trying to get this to work.

Thanks

Randall

Inventor/Vault 2011:

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Randall,

Thank you posting this issue.

We got a feedback about BP failed with special printer on X64 OS from another customer before. I am not sure you have the same issue. Could you please describe it in detail, did you meet error or plot out with wrong plot size? If you met error, could you please attach your error message? if you get wrong plot size, could you please check following questions?

1. What's the OS? X64 or X32? Win7 or XP.

2. What's the sheets size of inventor dwg

3. Which plot size used when you print inventor dwg in BP manager?

4. What Printer used?

5. Could you please attach you drawing file?

I tried to plot an inventor dwg which has three sheets, every sheets has different size. The three sheets can be print out with Microsoft XPS Document Writer in Vault 2011. We can configure the Device and Plot size in Plot Manager.

Regards,

Carrie

Message 3 of 7

Carrie

Here is the answers to your questions. Also thanks for helping me out, i really appreciate it.

1. Microsoft Windows XP x64

2. D size (22 x 34)

3. B size (11 x 17)

4. Kyocera Ecosys FS-9530DN

5. see attached

I had in the BP all three sheets with the same settings for all three. I also hit the update button for whatever reason, it

seemed like a good idea. When my prints came out, 2 were the size of an A size and one was the size of an A size

but there was only a small portion showing as if it was full size. The other 2 had the full drawing on each except they were an A size printing on a B size piece of paper. I hope this helps. If you need any more info, please feel free to contact me.  Is there another way for the drawing, it is too big for the attachment feature.

Thanks

Randall

Message 4 of 7

Carrie

I am attaching a 3 page blank drawing for our test. My other drawings are too large to post.

Thanks

Randa

Message 5 of 7

Randall,

Thank your detail answers.

Can you try to use the DWGTrueView/ACAD/Inventor to plot the same DWG file? If they can't BP the same drawing, it maybe the printer issue. I see there is an updated driver (08/01/2011) for this printer in the Kyocera official web, did you have it?

If this issue only reproduces in Vault BP, it may be a defect of Vault. What's Scale you set, can you try 'Fit to page' selection to get the full image? However, I can't open the attached dwg in inventor. so I create a drawing which sheets size 'D', and Plot Size "11 x 17", print with XPS Document Writer(we don’t have FS-9530DN printer) in Vault 2013 , can't reproduce it.

Another issue, the Update you mention is 'Refresh' button in BP dialog? It used for update saved list to latest statue. 

Regards,

Carrie

Message 6 of 7

I do not know anything about TrueView. When we create a file in Inventor, the only option is for an Inventor drawing

(dwg) or an Inventor drawing (idw).  Those are the only options that are available to me.  I tried plotting it to an

HP design jet 500 and the drawing came out 8 x 5.

I appreciate your help, sincerely

Randall

Message 7 of 7

I have opened TrueView and my print comes out as expected. My D size drawing has scaled down properly and

was printed on a B size sheet of paper. I can plot a DWG just fine in Inventor,AutoCad and TrueView. My problem

is with the Vault and the Batch Plot function. I have a D size and when it prints, it gives me an A size on the B size

format. I have a B size sheet with my drawing printed the way you would expect, only it is the size of an A size.

My printers all have the latest patches.

Thanks

Randall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report