Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAULT 2012 : PLOT for PDF or TIF files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
r.ricaboni
389 Views, 4 Replies

VAULT 2012 : PLOT for PDF or TIF files

Hi all.

I noticed a strange behaviour with at least two differents Vault 2012 environments regarding PDF & TIF plot command in the VAULT client.

I noticed both for Workgroup and Professional.

I have client pc A and client pc B almost the same configurazione:

win7 64bit

office 2010

etc

I select one or more PDF or TIF file stored in VAULT, then I select the PLOT command from now on I noticed two different behaviour for pc A and pc B:

B: if i want to change the printer device , in the drop down list I correctly see all my printer devices installed on my A pc ;

A: if I want to change the printer device, in the drop down list I can only find the default printer and nothing more (if I change in windows the default printer, next time I'll try to PLOT i'll find the new default printer)

I attach a couple of images to help understand the situation.

I've already contacted the ADN support, they 've replicated the problem on a pc and not on two others (the same random behaviour ) but till now they were unable to help us.

Thanks

Regards

Riccardo

Riccardo Ricaboni
CommonSense

Via Santa Maria alla Porta 9 - 20123 Milan,
Italy Office +39 0371 940225
Italy Mobile +39 333 7102414
Fax +39 02 93667107

http://www.commonsense.cc
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
olearya
in reply to: r.ricaboni

HI Riccardo, 

This type of issue is very difficult to troubleshoot via a discussion group as it is likely PC or user profile related.

Out of interest though, are you able to reproduce this issue when you log onto machine A as a different user?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
r.ricaboni
in reply to: olearya

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Maybe you're right it would be difficult to understand if only one client PC has troubles, but ADN assistence has the same problem on at least one of their pc and I found out the same problem on a different environment on a totally different customer.

I'm just trying to understand if other users ever had the same problem and if they found a reason to that.

As u suggested I log on to the machine with a different User but I had the same problem.

I'd like to know where to look to try to solve the problem or to understand where VAULT does check to present all the printer devices.

Thank you very much.

Regards

You 

Riccardo Ricaboni
CommonSense

Fax +39 02 93667107

Message 4 of 5
olearya
in reply to: r.ricaboni

Hi Riccardo,

Again, sorry for being so slack in getting back to you.  AFAIK the Vault batch plot utility should be pulling the printer list from the operating system's configured printers and faxes.

From the batch plot wikihelp article: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0001-Using_Va1/0030-Batch_Pl30

By default, the page setup associated with each file is used for printing the file and related sheets. The page setup can be customized. If a file has no page setup associated with it, the computer's default plotting device is used with that plotting device's default settings.

It is strange that this can then be reproduced against other pc's.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
r.ricaboni
in reply to: olearya

HI Allan,

thanks.

I know the observed behaviour could be quite strange, at first time I thought it was related to the specific environment/customer/release (Vault WorkGroup 2012) but then I performed a test with another customer/environment/release (Vault Professional 2012) and, in at least a pc, I had the same problem.

It's not a blocking issue, but my customers heavily rely on printing (specially from tiff files) and it could be a severe inconvenient for them (and for the acceptance of the Vault).

Right now my ADN ticket is stucked with no answer in a couple of week (case 07249677) 

Regards

RR

Riccardo Ricaboni
CommonSense

Fax +39 02 93667107

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report