Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use large status icons

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
scottmoyse
614 Views, 8 Replies

Use large status icons

Does anyone know what this does?

2014-04-19_22-11-38.jpg

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mdavis22569
in reply to: scottmoyse

I don't notice a difference when it's on or off ....however this is what they say http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-7EC936C7-12F5-43C9-A038-83DDD8F74C8A Options Dialog Details Use large status icons By default, small icons are used to indicate status. Turn on the Use large status icons check box to display large icons.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
scottmoyse
in reply to: mdavis22569

Cheers for the reply. I should have been clearer, i posted this here because the help file is no help. It would be good if Autodesk included some example imagery in that article. But also if they stated the property name which represents status. There are a few, and then there are the status icons I've highlighted in the image above.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 9
mdavis22569

gotcha ...sorry ....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
scottmoyse
in reply to: mdavis22569

Ok this works in Inventor, so it looks like it's broke in the Vault Client. I'll Escalate this to Product Support.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Senthil_Kumar

Scott,

It should work. After changing the setting, close the Vault Client and Restart to see the effect. By default Large status icon is enabled.

You can see the difference in the attached images.

With Large status icon Disabled

Small Status icons.png

With Large status icon Enabled

Large Status icons.png

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 7 of 9
scottmoyse
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Ah ok. I don't believe it says to restart the client in the help file. Inventor doesn't require a restart for it to get applied.

I'll take another look soon

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Senthil_Kumar

Scott,

I will ask the help team to get that updated. Thanks for pointing that out.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 9 of 9
scottmoyse
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Senthil,

If I'm honest, I'm not convinced restarting is 'As Designed' for two reasons:

1. When you select Apply, it refreshes the Main Pane of the Vault Client. Why is it refreshing it? Is it because the Options dialog contains other UI toggles and it just does it as a matter of course?
  2. This behaviour is inconsistent with the Inventor Vault Add-in. I'll bite my lip about UI consistency.

Anyway, updating the Help file will certainly clarify the intent. Thanks for passing that on.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report