Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent (basic) vault help needed!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jamiebryson
535 Views, 2 Replies

Urgent (basic) vault help needed!

Hi

I've recently installed and had a play with Vault (with a colleague) for the first time (aim to introduce it into our company of 15 staff)..

After getting the basic grip of things, we decided it needed re-organising and set more clearly. Since there wasnt many files (100-ish ipts, iams, idws) I thought the easiest way to do this would be to pack and go everything, delete it all of vault, re-organise as needed then re-check in to vault to wipe the slate clean and how we want it. (i realise this is probably not the best or cleverest thing to do!)..

But now we are at a point where theres nothing on vault and we want to almost 'drag and drop' back in the re-structured files. The only way to check in files is through Inventor, as Vault tells me 'restriction - add design files through appropriate application to maintain correct relationship data'. 

However, opening the files and going Vault>Check In on the toolbar comes up with:

'The workspace has not been mapped to a vault folder. Select the map folders button to correct this'. Which doesn't work because the active project is 'read-only' (i guess because its  a vault project file?). We have moved where the orginial files were created in to a different directory, and have a new project file in with the new files' location.

Can someone help me work out how to solve this issue? I'd appreciate knowledge on how we should have done this, but sorting out the situation as it stands is more important first!

Thanks a lot

Jamie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
minkd
in reply to: jamiebryson

With Windows Explorer browse to the project file, and uncheck the readonly toggle button in the properties dialog.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: jamiebryson

From Inventor, with a file open, change to the vault browser.  right click on ur project and chose "Check-out", then edit the workspace.  Right click on the project again and check it back in.  Should only have to do this once, then everyone else will have to get the latest ipj from vault.

http://screencast.com/t/uJJEWCmBO3IB

Since you are starting with an empty vault, I would suggest that you use a single-project setup and get it setup correctly the first time around.  I didnt do that way back when, and later paid the price.  Here's a good read on this...http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/blogs/blog/view/5/Using_Autodesk_Vault_with_Single_1/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report