Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble starting ADMS

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
karthur1
2315 Views, 11 Replies

Trouble starting ADMS

When I double-click to start ADMS I get this message, "Error starting service 'Autodesk Data Management Job Dispatch'....."

2012-11-19_0733.png

I can close the error message and try it again and it starts the second time.  When I check the event viewer, here is what I see. It says that "A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting..."

2012-11-19_0741.png

In the ADMS, under Tools>Administration, Advanced Settings, Settings, I have set the connection timeout set to 5000 seconds, but still get this error, so this must be something different.

The problem is that when I try to run my Vault backup over the weekend (unattended), it fails because the ADMS doesnt start.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: karthur1

I started seeing this lately myself but thought it was because I was reverting my VMware images for testing.  Is there anything in the Event Viewer on why the "Job Dispatch" stopped?  I would also double check that the service itself is set to be started automatically.  I find once I start the service (again unsure why it stops) the ADMS Console works properly.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 12
karthur1
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

There are only three events in the event viewer for that day.

1. the time out error

2. the autodesk data management job dispatch service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

3. Application:Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe, Description:The process was terminated due to a n unhandled exception.

I checked the Services and the autodesk data management job dispatch is set to start automatically.

Message 4 of 12
olearya

Hey Kirk,

Can I get you to quickly check this blog post before we dig deeper:

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2012/08/error-1053-during-the-start-of-autodesk...

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 12
karthur1
in reply to: olearya

Allan,

I did the suggestion at th bottom of the blog " The quickest method would be to unplug the network cable, start the service and plug it back after the Service is running".

The ADMJD was already started, so I stopped it, unplugged the server network cable, started the service, then plugged the cable back in.

We will see how it goes over the weekend when the backup task runs.  The next time I see this error, I will see if the service is started or not.

Thanks

Message 6 of 12
JamesMcMullen

With the "3. Application:Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe, Description:The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.", is it possible to get more information around the issue?  The information in the "General tab" might be able to help us out.  Hopefully what you did will get you through the weekend backup.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 7 of 12
karthur1
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Jim,

General Tab

General_Tab.png

Details Tab

Details tab.png

Message 8 of 12
karthur1

The backup did complete over the weekend.  Hopefully, it will complete sucessfully next week as well.  I will report back then.

Message 9 of 12
karthur1

Checked the backup this morning.  Noticed that the backup did not run over the weekend.  I checked the event viewer and found the same three errors listed for Saturday (thats when the backup runs).

ADMS_Error.png

I tried to start the ADMS Console and got this message.

Service_error.png

Clicked OK and tried again and it started the second time.  Same thing as before, so doing the "unplug the cable" trick didnt do it.... Must be something a little more deeper than that.

I followed the link to the blog mentioned above and ended up here.  In the user comments, Hans Veer suggests to to this.

2012-12-17_0750.png

So I tried that and we will see how it goes.

Message 10 of 12
karthur1

I am still having issues in getting the ADMS backup to run consistently when it is started from a scheduled task.  Still getting the same error in the Event Viewer.

Message 11 of 12
mbodnar

Hi

Did you ever manage to resolve the issue of Autodesk Data Management Job Dispatch Service not starting?

I get error 1053 - service will NOT start and tried everything listed on discussion forums/knowledge articles

Different accounts (local and domain)

Repair ADMS Console

Unplug network cable

Set IE settings as listed above

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Max Bodnar

Redstack

Message 12 of 12
karthur1
in reply to: mbodnar

We are on Vault 2017 now and have not seen this issue in quite a while now.  Look at your windows event viewer and see if that will help lead you in a direction.

Sorry,

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report