Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Vault

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Ezekiel12
386 Views, 4 Replies

Transfer of Vault

Hello,

if I detach one Vault from my Vaults in ADMS and transfer .mdf and .ldf and filestore of that Vault on another server i need to atach it again. So i attach the Vault set the filestore and try to login to it. Bacause i see all configuration but none of folders and files. Where could be the problem? User "Administrator" is the same on each servers.

Any advices?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
paul.gunn
in reply to: Ezekiel12

Hi,

It is important that the vault be using the same knowledgevaultmaster database (which contains user and security information) - it sounds like you transfered the vault but not the knowledgevaultmaster.

In general the best way to transfer data to another server is to use backup / restore - this ensures that all database and filestore information is transfered over .

Paul

Message 3 of 5
Ezekiel12
in reply to: paul.gunn

Hello,

thank you for your advice. Yes i know that that the right solution is tho backup but i need one Vault on another server where i have another Vaults in ADMS. So if i do backup and restore then i rewrite them and i dont want that.

If i transfer Knowledge master will not be there a problem when i copy it to the second server? It will overwrite the second knowledgemaster and probably disable the another Vaults? 

Message 4 of 5
paul.gunn
in reply to: Ezekiel12

Hi,

You are correct that a restore would over-write the existing data - so that is probably not what you want. However the approach you are taking is simply not going to work. The vault data is quite coupled to the knowledgevaultmaster - so that is definitely the cause of your problems - a vault cannot be successfully attached to a 'foreign' knowledgevaultmaster.

Unfortunately there is no good way to combine existing vaults into a single system. Really the only options available are to create a vault in the new system and then use some mechanism (e.g. autoloader) of importing the data into the new vault.

Paul

Message 5 of 5
Ezekiel12
in reply to: paul.gunn

Could you type it in autodesk wiki? It is confusing. I didn't found an info that merging of two consoles by attach and detach is not supported. Our customers could be confused by this wiki site. From this wiki site it sppears that this procedure is possible.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0098-Autodesk98/0099-Manage_V99/010...

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums