Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Logo looking at old Revision

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Doug_DuPont
526 Views, 9 Replies

Title Block Logo looking at old Revision

I'm got big head aches. New to Vault and I am loading a lot of files.

Having problems getting idw's from WIP to Released because Vault says that a old revision of the logo bmp is not released.

What I have done so far was to open the idw and replace the title block with an enbeded logo.

Is there a better way, I don't want to go into thousands of files?

Thank You,

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

Question,... do you need to have the bitmap released?  If not, you can go into your lifecycle definition, edit the Transition for WIP - Released, look to see what id checked in there.  My guess is for that logo, it is probably either linked files, or contained files.  See image.  Try unchecking that if it is checked, then Vault won't care what the status is of those linked or contained files, when it transitions your part or drawing files.

Worth a shot?

linked.JPG

Message 3 of 10
mikel_martin
in reply to: cbenner

This suggestion would work, but it would also cause it to not check any other references the file might have.

Also, because the IDWs have a relationship to the previous revision in Vault, in the future if you do a get revision (or pack and go, batch plot) of the specific revision, the old logo will be used.

What you may want to do is make the drawings reference the correct revision of the logo in Vault. The only way to do that is to download the correct revision of the IDW and the logo, check the IDW out and check it back in.

I have done this before by using Inventor Task Scheduler. 

Hope this helps.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 10
Doug_DuPont
in reply to: mikel_martin

Hi, If I did do this with the Task Scheduler would I have to setup 3 different tasks?

Check out from Vault

Get Latest from Vault

Check in to Vault

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 5 of 10
mikel_martin

that is correct.
I would probably do Get Latest first and then checkout but not sure it really matters.

Mikel Martin
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
Doug_DuPont

What I would like to do is do a mass replace of my title block with a new one that has an embeded Logo.

Does anyone have an app that can do that inside out outside of Vault?

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 7 of 10
Doug_DuPont

Mikel,

Here is some more information.

In Capture1 is showing in Vault Browser shows idw in the latest Work in Progress state. Logo shows Revision A

In Capture 2 I have checked out idw and open it in Inventor. Logo shows Revision - with grey triangle?

In Capture 3 is showing - Work in Progress and the Logo is showing the Revision -

So far the only way I found to get the logo in the drawing to Rev a is to check out the logo, still shows Rev -,

then undo checkout of logo, then revision changes to Rev A. Then I can check in drawing and change state to Released.

Don't know what else to do.

2013 Collaboration

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 8 of 10
mikel_martin

Image 1 is showing the latest view, this does not really show what you need to know.

What you are most interested in is what revision "-" of idw is actually consuming in Vault. Image 3 is showing that revision "-" of idw is related to revision "-" of logo.

Because revision "-" of logo was never released you are not able to release the IDW.

What method are you using to open the IDW? If you use Vault explorer (double click) it does not do a download of Latest. It does a download of the revision (what is shown in image 3). This is something we have changed in the 2014 release, it now does latest.

What you want to do is download latest and checkout the drawing. To do this you need to use Get/Checkout and then open from Inventor, or use Open from Vault and then checkout in Inventor. Then check it back in. This should cause the idw to consume the newer revision of logo.

Hope that helps.

Mikel Martin
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
Doug_DuPont

Is there a way that I can go back the Release logo Revision ( - )?

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 10 of 10
mikel_martin

You can not change historical data in the Vault.

Mikel Martin
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report