Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The specifiled module could not be found - opening AutoCAD files from Vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jweiss1313
329 Views, 1 Reply

The specifiled module could not be found - opening AutoCAD files from Vault

I have a Vault Pro 2013 user who gets an error when trying to open AutoCAD files from the Vault Pro 2013 client.

The error states:

"The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULTS: 0x8007007E)"

He is using AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP1.

We tried to open AutoCAD Mech first and then try to open and we get the same error.  He can open all AutoCAD files directly from AutoCAD Mech.  This error only occurs when opening from the Vault Client.

System Specs:

Dell Precision 380

Windows XP x32

Nvidia Quadro FX1400

4 GB RAM

Vault Pro 2013 (no SP)

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP1

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jweiss1313
in reply to: jweiss1313

I perfomred a clean uninstall of both AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 and Vault Pro 2013 and reinstalled both and my user is still getting the error.

I did a clean uninstall of Microsoft.NET4 and reinstalled it and my user is still having this problem.

The problem is machine specific because the user gets the error under his login and I also get the error when logged into my admin account.

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 opens local AutoCAD files by double clicking on them in explorer and by open them from within AutoCAD Mech.  This problem only occurs when opening AutoCAD files from the Vault Explorer.

Please help!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report