Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Password is invalid or does not meet the password policy requirements

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mostinc
1340 Views, 2 Replies

The Password is invalid or does not meet the password policy requirements

Hello all,

I'm trying to install Autodesk Vault 2010 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Domain Controller.  I already pre-installed SQL Server 2005 with the AutodeskVault instance and had no issues.  The problem I am having after clicking the Install button on the "Review - Configure - Install" screen is this:

"Please configure the following passwords.  The password is invalid or does not meet password policy requirements:

Password for Windows user"

I'm using the default settings for the Windows user account.  The default password for that account meets my domain's password complexity requirements.  If I try to create the account in advance, the installation complains that the user account already exists.  I think this issue is occurring because domain controllers do not have local accounts.  I'm running the installation as a domain administrator.  Demoting the server or installing AutodeskVault on another server aren't options for us because we are a small business with a budget.  🙂

Please offer any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Micah Henning

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mostinc
in reply to: mostinc

Resolved.

The domain password policy settings were "not defined."  I set them to my desired settings and the installation continued.

Message 3 of 3
Melisalong
in reply to: mostinc

• The password is at least six characters long.

• The password contains characters from three of the following four categories:

• English uppercase characters (from A through Z)

• English lowercase characters (from a through z)

• Base 10 digits (from 0 through 9)

• Non-alphanumeric characters (for example: !, $, #, or %)

Password Complexity requirements

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report