Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand alone AMDS and Client for Vaul Pro 2011

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1010 Views, 6 Replies

Stand alone AMDS and Client for Vaul Pro 2011

My company recently purchased Vault Pro, however we are waiting on our CFO to approve teh purchase of our server to run the Vault Pro.  I have been tasked with setting up the Vault and all the integration with our current process that we will put into the Vault.

I am trying to install the Vault and ADMS as stand alone on my machine so that I can play around with the program and its features in the meanwhile. however whenever I attempt to select the isntallation option of "stand alone" it is greyed out and inaccessible to me.

Can someone suggest a means for me to do this. Right now I have 15k worth of software sitting around and I really need to get some use out of it.

Dell Precesion T3500

Intel Xeon CPU @2.8GHZ

6gig of ram

Windows XP pro

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

you can't install vault pro as a standalone license you have to install it as a network license

probably a good idea to talk to your resellers product support before you start

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
tannro

Vault does not support stand alone licensing.  A license manager must be configured somewhere in your LAN.  If you have a Autodesk license manager setup for other products you can add the Vault licenses to the same server.  If not, then you'll need to set one up.  I would suggest that you put the license manager on a server.  Then it will always be available and it only needs to be configured once.  Once configured a local ADMS server on your computer and the shared ADMS server that you'll configure later, can both use the same license manager.  The license manager installation and documentation are available under additional tools on the Vault Server install disk.

Ross Tanner
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: tannro

i suggest you read these first

Vault 2011 Implemenation Guige.pdf off your Vault Pro Client DVD located here: Dvddrive letter:\en-US\SetupRes\Docs

and the vault advanced configuration guide here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15733290&linkID=9261341

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for all the great input, I really aprpeciate it.

I have one question..

If I request for IT to place the Vault on the license manager along with our other Autodesk Products, will I have issues moving the license manager to anotehr server? I dont want to consume this license and tehn find out later that I don t have it any more...

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

if you decide to move the license manager to another server you would have to generate a new license file for that server

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
tannro

The benefit of adding the Vault license to an existing license manager is the separation from your local computer and your upcoming Vault server.  The LM will provide licenses to either or both of your ADMS servers.  This will allow you to use the licenses now for your local ADMS and later for the production ADMS while configuring the LM once.  

Ross Tanner
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report