Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint intergration install fails with error 1603

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
beanyjon
625 Views, 4 Replies

SharePoint intergration install fails with error 1603

Please can anybodyt help me with the problem.

I am installing Autodesk Vault sharepoint integration onto a enterprise sharepoint 2010 server.
This is a new setup so the sharepoint server is fresh with no custom add ons.

When i run the vault server 2014 install then uncheck the vault server install and choose sharePoint intergration it starts to run the install then errors almost imediatly with a generic missing DLL error.
I have tried updating windows and sharepoint but still have the same error.

looking at the logs i get a bit more information and from other posts on here it looks as if there is a newer version od the Visual C++ installed on the server, i have uninstalled this and re ran the install but it just reinstalls it then fails with the same error again. please can anyone help me? below is the log file:

2013/9/4:09:42:46 administrator BIMSP === Setup started on SharePointServer by administrator === 2013/9/4:09:42:46 administrator BIMSP Launch 2013/9/4:09:42:48 administrator BIMSP PageOpen InstallDotNetDialog   2013/9/4:09:42:48 administrator BIMSP PageOpen LaunchDialog   2013/9/4:09:43:02 administrator BIMSP PageOpen LicenseDialog   2013/9/4:09:43:06 administrator BIMSP PageOpen ProductInfoDialog   2013/9/4:09:45:05 administrator BIMSP PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2   2013/9/4:09:45:14 administrator BIMSP PageOpen FullProgressDialog   2013/9/4:09:45:15 administrator BIMSP Installing Autodesk® Office SharePoint Server 2010 Integration:  SETUP=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us SETUP_PACKAGENAME="Autodesk Vault Professional 2014 (Server)" SETUP_PACKAGECODE={83AE12DA-1800-0103-0000-611B8E852FB3} SETUP_UNINSTALLKEYS=1 SETUP_ISLANGUAGEPACK=0 SETUP_PRODUCTDEPENDENCIES="Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64),Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x64),;;;" ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_VPS2014_ENU_32-64bit_dlm\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2013/9/4:10:02:56 administrator SharePointServer Install Autodesk® Office SharePoint Server 2010 Integration Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: beanyjon

The SharePoint Integration "installation" just puts some files in a folder on your hard drive.  It doesn't actaully deploy anything to SharePoint.  So C++ libraries should not be required at any time.  Strange.

Here is a workaround.  Go to your install media and go to the x64\SPI2010 folders.  Run the setup.exe or .msi file.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
beanyjon
in reply to: Redmond.D

Hey, thanks for your reply, i did try to run the install straight from the sharepoint folder but it gave the same error as when doing it through the main setup. However a folder below that there is the WSP file and several bat files that install to sharepoint, i have ran the "deploy all" bat so i am hoping that has worked. will let you know when i have tested.

Message 4 of 5
beanyjon
in reply to: Redmond.D

Running the "dploy all.bat" file seems to have put all of the data connections into the BDC which is great except it has not put an address to the vault server so now when i try to use one of the connections i get the error "Server cannot be empty".
Unfortunatly wikihelp.autodesk.com seems to be down so i can not check to see what the manual way to add the server address in is. I am guessing that the install would have asked for the server address.

Message 5 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: beanyjon

In the same folder as the BAT files, there should be a file called VaultSPIHelp.zip.  This is a set of offline help files.

To set your Vault login, go to http://<server name>/_layouts/Autodesk.Vault.BCSConnect/VaultSettings.aspx in your SharePoint site.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report