Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the Autodesk Data Management Server Console

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Cadmanto
711 Views, 19 Replies

Setting up the Autodesk Data Management Server Console

Never done this before.  Where I worked before all of the base working folders were already setup and I worked from there.  Never started from scratch. Here is where I am at.  I have this installed just on my local machine.  Single user and client.

In the ADMS I have created a new Vault vault.JPG

Now, I have created a new project file in Inventor and have the .ipj file inside of the "WBA Vault" folder.  I want to link the Vault client under options to this project file and this is where I am getting stuck.  I am logged in as an admin.  The folders vault.JPG

as you can see I was able to create within the client.  The problem lies in that I already have my working folder setup on my local which is pathed inside of my project file, but when I try and browse to it inside of the client, it wont let me go there as you can see.  Once I get passed this, I can check all of the files I have been working on into the Vault.  Or at least that is the plan.

What am I missing?  Probably something real simple.  Smiley Tongue  I am using 2013 version by the way.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

I managed to get my .ipj into the vault (I think), but I can't see it in the vault and when I try checking a file in, I get this message.

vault.JPG

Which is strange, because when I look at the vault browser, it indicates it does not reside in the Vault.  I did see it at one point in the vault, but not now.

vault.JPG

vault.JPG

Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 3 of 20
JamesMcMullen

You mentioned that you think "WBA Project.ipj" is in the vault already.  Where in the Vault is the file?  If it is in the Vault, you will want to do a get on that file and put it into your workspace.  At that point, set the Inventor project to that is in the workspace.  I am speculating that the project file is off by a directory. 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 4 of 20
Cadmanto
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

It is in the WBA Project folder.  Both in the Vault and in the respective folder on my local.  As you can see by my one screen shot it says it wont check the files in because the project file is already in the vault, but I don't see it.  Like I said I did at one point.  I closed that client session and when I came back in it was gone (visually at least).  After I did check it in, I was able to select it within the client as the default project file.

So, I am left wondering how to get these model/drawing files into the Vault.

Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 20
cbenner

Scott, am I reading you right, that your working folder falls beneath the folder where your project resides?

James, or any other Vault gurus following this... should that not be the other way around?  The project file path should be under the working folder path?  Or am I way off base....

Message 6 of 20
DarrenP

@Cadmanto wrote:

I managed to get my .ipj into the vault (I think), but I can't see it in the vault and when I try checking a file in, I get this message.

Which is strange, because when I look at the vault browser, it indicates it does not reside in the Vault.  I did see it at one point in the vault, but not now.

vault.JPG

Thoughts?

Scott

you wouldn't happen to have .net 4.5 on this machine would you?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 20
JamesMcMullen

Do you have the latest updates applied to 2013?  I seem to recall that there may have been a problem with .NET in regards to not having files show up properly.  I wanted to make sure that the working folders are mapping out accordingly to where you wanted them in the vault which is why I asked the question the way I did before.  I have been bit a couple times with things ending up in the wrong folder.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 8 of 20
Cadmanto
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Chris,

No, the project file is in the root of the working folder.

Darren,

Not sure, how would I find out?

Jim,

No, and this is a tough one for me from the stand point, because of the way things operate in the company I work for SP's and hotfixes are out of my control.  I have been told they get pushed down from corporate when they deam necessary.  Not when the end user needs it.

If I had done what I am trying to do in the past without all of these handcuffs, I could speak to whether what I am experiencing is normal.

I just today got admin rights to my PC.  I am going to go out on a limb and say what I am seeing is not the norm.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 20
DarrenP

Start>Control Panel>Program and Features>click view installed updates on the left

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 20
Cadmanto
in reply to: DarrenP

This is what I have.  Not exactly what you are describing.

cp.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 20
JamesMcMullen

Understandable on the service pack policy.  I believe we do something similar here. 

To your question with Darren...  I think you would want to click on "Windows Feature on or off" at that point and see what version of .NET is checked. 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 12 of 20
DarrenP

Scott

on that window click on view installed updates

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 20
Cadmanto

Darren,

This is what I get when I hit that selection.

vault.JPG

I think this confirms what you asked about the .NET Framework.  So, what does this say about my issue?  Any work around for a guy whose hands are tied?

Jim,

This is what I see when I select what you advised.

vault.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 14 of 20
DarrenP

vault 2013 sp1 fixes this issue with .net 4.5

Files are not visible in the main grid when .NET 4.5 is installed.

the only workaround would be uninstall .net 4.5 and and install .net 4 if you can't get the seevice packs

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 20
Cadmanto

Thanks Darren.  I will look into this, but even if I could see it, how do I get arounbd the error I posted a pic of in my earlier posting when it says it wont allow me to check in any files because the project file is already in there.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 16 of 20
cbenner

Chances are it IS already there, but because of the dot net issue, you just can't see it.  Fix that first, either by getting the SP1 or by uninstalling dot net 4.5 and reinstalling dot net 4.0.... then look for your project file again, you might find the problem goes away.

Message 17 of 20
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Well, I have started the ball rolling and we shall see how this all turns out.  Stay tuned!!!  Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 18 of 20
Cadmanto

I got the SP loaded and now I can see the files in the vault.  Thanks guys for your help.  I was able to delete the MP file out of the vault and rechecked it in enabling me to be able to check other files into the vault.  Now I just have to figure out where this test folder came from when I checked files into the vault from Inventor.

vault Install.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 19 of 20
cbenner

A mystery test folder?  If you didn't create it, and it doesn't exist in the file environment you were checking in from... I'd look to see who else has access to your test environment.  😄

But seriously, sounds like you're on your way now.

Message 20 of 20
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

It is strange.  No one else is linked to my local PC.  I have my working folder setup on my local and the project file is mapped to it.  When I called up the files out of these sub folders within the working folder in Inventor and then checked them in, it came into the vault under this "Test" folder.  Weird to say the least.  I will do some searching and see if I can figure it out.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report