Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select project file message when opening file from Vault?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bigjim007
1388 Views, 8 Replies

Select project file message when opening file from Vault?

Hello,

We are running inventor 2012 and have been for some time. Just recently when attempting to open files from Vault it started giving me a select project file option window with two options. Open from vault or open from mobile vault. It used to just open from vault, I have my active project in Inventor set to Vault, yet it continues to offer this window every time I want to open a file. Is there a setting somewhere that will make it quit offering this window. It's getting annoying. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
minkd
in reply to: bigjim007

In Vault Explorer, there is an option in Tools / Options to set a default Inventor Project File. See attached.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: minkd

Dave,

In 2013 Vault Pro, even with the default project set as you showed, I still get prompted to select a project if I open a file from Vault (which I don't do very often). 

Message 4 of 9
bigjim007

Thanks Dave, but i've already got this set to Vault.ipj so there must be something elsewhere I need to look at.

Jim

Message 5 of 9
JamesMcMullen

Does the project you have set as the default have the folder you are trying to address in its cone of influence?  I have that we will ask if that is the case.  I just created two projects for a quick test (now I am on a different release but I do not think much as changed) and when I set the project to the one folder area it didn't prompt.  However, when I selected a folder outside of that particular project, I was prompted to choose a project file.  Also, there is another project setting location.  It can be found by doing Tools -> Administration -> Vault settings.  At that point, click on the Define button within the "Files" tab.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 6 of 9
minkd
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Besides determining if the file being opened is within the project "cone" as Jim mentioned, take a look at the vault-wide setting instead of the per-user setting that he also mentions.  Is is set to anything?  If so, is it valid?  Is the checkbox to enforce its usage set?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
bigjim007
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

It makes sense that this may be where the issue lies. When going to the working folder option window in vault there is nothing selected in the default inventor project file area. Unfortunately I don't have permissions to make this change so i'll need to forward the info and see if this can be linked to the vault.ipj project.
Message 8 of 9
minkd

As long as the box isn't checked to enforce it's use, it shouldn't matter if there is a vault-wide default set. In that case, the per-user default should be used (which doesn't require elevated privileges to set). Of course, whatever the project is set to, it should be inclusive in terms of it's "cone of influence" (i.e. the paths in the project include access to the files in question).

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
bigjim007
in reply to: minkd

Our vault administrator decided to just delete the mobile vault ipj from being a project option. This seems to have worked, as now it only have one option to choose from.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums