Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching in Vault 2009

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Simon Kursa
281 Views, 23 Replies

Searching in Vault 2009

Not sure if this question has been asked before but here it goes:

I just updated to vault 2009 from 2008. Before when i searched for part numbers that i have stored in custom properties or even in the part number field within the Iproperties, i was able to punch in a number in vault and it would come up.

Since the upgrade, it's not the case, i type in the number but nothing comes up. I even know that we have that particular part but vault is still not recognizing it.

Is there something im missing? Also i have enabled content indexing service.

Thanks in advance

Simon
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Simon Kursa

Also is this a 32 or 64 bit system?

wrote in message news:5960743@discussion.autodesk.com...
Just tried it and nothing. It seems anything new that i create is missing
all of the iproperties in the vault explorer, but they are still present
when opened in inventor. Makes me think there is one tiny setting in Vault
Explorer that im missing.
Message 22 of 24
Simon Kursa

I can't seem to located the invfilt log on my server nor the client machine. I found the invfilt.dll file and i checked the permissions and autodesk vault didn't have full control.

Also both server and client machines are 32 bit.
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous

Is the invfilt.dll the one you registered before? If not could you
register invfilt.dll. Then add some new ipt files again and see. No log
file means the ifilter is not working. This usually is a permission or
registration problem.

-Dain

wrote in message news:5960843@discussion.autodesk.com...
I can't seem to located the invfilt log on my server nor the client machine.
I found the invfilt.dll file and i checked the permissions and autodesk
vault didn't have full control.

Also both server and client machines are 32 bit.
Message 24 of 24
Simon Kursa

Good Morning

I was working with Autodesk support team on this issue and we got it figured out. The Ifilters were a problem i believe. Here is a run down of what i ended up doing to get everything working so if someone finds this topic and they have a similar problem, they will have a quick solution. After everything is done, make sure to check out the files in question, and check them back in, and all of the properties should display properly in vault browser.

Missing properties on check-in indicate a problem with property extraction and one area to check is the functioning of the iFilters for the type of files that you are checking in. These iFilters are installed in the Autodesk Data Management Server (ADMS) directory, typically:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Data Management Server 2009\Server\Components

Make sure that the relevant iFilters are registered with the operating system by running the following command, from a DOS window:

> regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Data Management Server 2009\Server\Components\INVFilter.dll

> regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Data Management Server 2009\Server\Components\DWGFilt.dll

These iFilters have a dependencies on several other dlls including Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries. If the correct version of the runtime libraries are missing or are not installed as expected, then the iFilters will fail to get registered and properties will not be extracted. Incorrect Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries will lead to messages in the System Event log classified as 'SidebySide' errors. The required version of the run time libraries needed by the ifilter is 8.0.50727.922 or higher. (Check in the directory C:\Windows\WinSxS\ for folders containing this version number as part of their name).

This version should be installed as part of the installation of the Data Management Server 2009. If this version is not found then try to re-install from the Server installation media. You will find the required msi file in:

:\support\VCRedist\KB941300\x86\vcredist.msi

After installing the run time libraries, re-register the iFilters. Property extraction of Inventor files should now work.

Mak sure the ASP.NET 2.0 is at Service Pack 1, if not update as needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report