Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for units on files in Vault?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tegstette
284 Views, 3 Replies

Search for units on files in Vault?

I want to make a search in Vault Explorer to find files (not items) that has base unit set to millimeter - is this possible?

Some time ago I changed the base quantity on Content Center profiles from millimeter to Each. Now I want to locate the files prior to this change with base unit millimeter - how do I do this? In Itemmaster there is a property Units that shows millimeter or Each. But I want to find files -  the ones that I have not yet assigned...

Any good advice?

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tegstette
in reply to: tegstette

No answer on this post... so I guess there is no way to do this...Smiley Sad

I find it strange that it is not possible to find this information in Vault. Becase Itemmaster must get this information from the inventor-file via Vault to be able to set the unit when assigning the item... but then again... there is maybe reason for this...

But if someone has a good idea for somehow finding these files, I would be very gladSmiley Happy

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
Message 3 of 4
zhangjiao0628

Hi Tegstette,

I guess you probably want to exclude "items" from your search result. One way you could do it is to specify "Files" instead of "Any" as your "Look For" criteria in the search dialog.

Another way you could try is, not sure if it will work for your data, to have such a search condition:

Property "Lifecycle Definition" does not contain "Item Release Process".

As I observe that all items will by default have this lifecycle definition unless you have any customization set.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Zhang Jiao

Message 4 of 4
lfmgtc59

Good morning...  I don't have any answers for you, but I am interested in how you set the default unit as "each" for the content center parts.  I would really appreciate  a quick run down on the process.

Thank You

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report