Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling server tasks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gordow
565 Views, 4 Replies

Scheduling server tasks

I would like to change the scheduled time for the vault server tasks.  These are the tasks that show up when "View Server Tasks..." is selected in the ADMS Console (see attached screen grab).  We are running ADMS Console 2012 on a server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. 

Thanks for any help. 

gordow

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
paul.gunn
in reply to: gordow

Hi,

I'm sorry there is no general way to edit the scheduled tasks. Specific tasks have different mechanisms for scheduling - e.g. replication tasks can have time scheduled from the 'replication schedule' dialog. Is there some specific task that you are looking to adjust scheduling for?

Paul

Message 3 of 5
gordow
in reply to: paul.gunn

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.  The tasks I am considering moving are the Search Index Optimization and File Store Cleanup at 1 AM and 2 AM, respectively.  We have folks that work into the night and others that start early in the morning, frequently even on weekends.  I would like to start a scheduled backup to run after these tasks are complete, but it takes about 5-1/2 hours to backup and validate our vault.  The vault would be locked and inaccessible to these early-birds and nightowls while the backup is running. 

I also want to find out, if these tasks are configurable, if other tasks can be added to do something like schedule a periodic Purge at an early hour. 

Thanks again.

gordow

Message 4 of 5
paul.gunn
in reply to: gordow

Hi,

The execution time for those settings can be configured in web.config on the server. While this paper was targetted at vault 2009, the information on changing these settings is still accurate: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/vault_background_processes_whitepaper.pdf

Purge can be run from the ADMS console command line, so could be scheduled via windows task scheduler. Note that purge can take some time on a big vault so this is not something I'd necessarily recommend running nightly. Information on adms console command lines:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-7FD9DAD8-0104-46FA-BCE7-11259FAB4235

Hope this helps,

Paul

Message 5 of 5
gordow
in reply to: paul.gunn

Paul,

I have read through the information you attached and it appears the solution is there.  I will have to try it out in the days to come.  Thanks again.

gordow

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report