Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Integration

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bhaarguv
635 Views, 1 Reply

SAP Integration

Hello,

My Customer is in Vault 2014 Professional and is asking for integration for below specified,

Item details, BOM details and ECO details to be transferred from Autodesk Vault to SAP.

Looking for Touch points in SAP for above;

Also would like to know is feasibility of bi-directional integration

Autodesk vault will place request for part number/material  to SAP. SAP will generate part number/material number on basis of inputs provided by Autodesk Vault  and send details back to Autodesk Vault

rgds

Bhaarguv

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tmoney2007
in reply to: bhaarguv

My company is in the process of implementing an integration with Agile PLM (an oracle product).  We are using an integration product called DesignState created by ZeroWaitState.

Our implementation will pass BOM details from the item, and file properties from the file itself into Agile.  We aren't using the out of the box ECO in vault, because it wasn't configurable, and it required people to have a vault user account to participate in the workflow.  It seems like in required information for an ECO should be available via the APIs, but I couldn't say for sure because we aren't using them.

Bi-Directional is possible (the APIs exist for a program to manipulate almost everything within the vault, except the CAD file itself) but as far as I can tell it would be a queued passing of information back and forth. Not a perfect bidirectional interface.

You may want to look into JitterBit, which is supposed to be Autodesk's database integration platform.  We were told it was to be used to connect PLM360 into other systems, but it still may do what you need.

If you have any questions, PM me.  In my opinion, Vault isn't quite ready to be tied into other systems effectively.  It just wasn't written with that in mind, but it is achievable, and they are looking to expand its capabilities in that regard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report