Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision (lifecycle) / Revise (button)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lex.brink
396 Views, 3 Replies

Revision (lifecycle) / Revise (button)

Hi,

Maybe i'm missing something obvious;

I've set a lifecycle with three settings, WIP, For Review and Released. Whit the lifecycles I've set it so that you have to go trough the released status and that when going from released to WIP, it bumps up the revision letter.

However, i've found that users can still use the "Revise" button and simple change to the next revision regardless of the lifecycle state it's in. How can i prevent this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: lex.brink

What version/level of Vault are you using? 

Do you have State Based security on your lifecycle definition?  Try setting the security on the released state to read only.  Go to Tools\Vault Settings\Behaviors|Lifecycles.... edit your lifecycle definition.  Pick the released state and grab the Security tab over on the right pane.  For those people or groups who should NOT be able to simply revise without going through a state change, click "Read" only.  I've tested this on Vault Pro 2013 and my user was able to change to WIP, but could not Revise until changing the state first.

state.JPG

Message 3 of 4
smilinger
in reply to: lex.brink

I think that's not what lex is missing, the real problem is, how to prevent a user from revising a document in WIP state.

Message 4 of 4
lex.brink
in reply to: smilinger

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I've been on holidays so haven't been able to resond yet.

I think smilinger is right. For some reason if you strictly use the change state button it works fine, users can only change to the next state or to WIP from released in which case it bumps up the revision letter as well.

However users can somehow bypass all these security setting by using the Revise button and directly change the state and revision letter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report