Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve Vault License for a user

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
742 Views, 4 Replies

Reserve Vault License for a user

Hi 

How would you reserve a license for a particular user so he/she always has access to vault. We have around 10 floating licenses but I would to reserve some of them to particualrs users.

I've come across rumors that it is not possible (which doesn't make sense to me) as stated on 

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2011/06/splitting-vault-licences.html

Ive tried using the option file ADSKFLEX.OPT with the following commands but that doesn't work aswell.

RESERVE 1 85753VLTM_2012_0F USER John

Can somone please shed some light on the issue and guide me on this issue, 

Cheers.

Adnan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure this is possible with Vault, as it is the ADMS-server which asks for a license on behalf of the client. In other words, there is no direct communication between the vault client and the flexlm service.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP

the option file doesn't work with vault like the previous post the adms pings the license manager for  a license the client doesn't directly ping the license manager it has to go through adms console

this is as designed you can put this on a wishlist for future releases of vault

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Greetings,

Ok, I know that OPT file doesn't work with Vault. However, do you know other method to reserve Vault licences for users? We have a customer with nine Vault Pro floating licences and they have to separate in two groups, because a group can use more licences of that it have and it is harming to another.

Thanks for your valuable help.

Message 5 of 5
minkd

The only way I'm aware of to accomplish this is described in this thread.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report