Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication stop working when restarting vault server

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rene-J
466 Views, 4 Replies

Replication stop working when restarting vault server

Hi
I have some problem with replication with vault 2013 pro.
We have 1 publicher server and 2 subscriber server.
If we restart a subscriber server, the replication stop working for this server.
we have to open the ADMS consol on the restartet server, then the replication is woking again.
why is at this way ?

Rene J

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: Rene-J

Verify that you SQL Agent service is set to start Automatically.  Replication relys on this not the ADMS Console being launched.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
Rene-J
in reply to: ihayesjr

HI Tanks

I did some testing, the SQL Agent service is set to start Automatically, and is running after restarting server

but I discovered that  the Service "Autodesk Data Management Job Dispatch" was automat loadet but not started.

I try to start this service . then the replication is working.

Do you know to deal wit this.?

Rene JSqlservice.JPG

ADMjob.JPG

Message 4 of 5
steveh1
in reply to: Rene-J

Rene...

The job dispatch is what makes the scheduled file replication go. For me, had similar issues on one subscriber server that this service would not always start. I just made it a habit that i check periodically and start it manually, specifically when rebooting a server. Without this service running, users will still get a pop up that says they don't have the latest files and can still force a replication when prompted, so they will always get the latest data, so it's not a show stopper. Just a nusiance.

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 5 of 5
steveh1
in reply to: steveh1

Also, for what it's worth, if you perform a routine backup from the publisher, the publisher always performs a replication before it starts backing up. So, your publisher should pull all files from the subscribers before starting the backup. So, at least your publisher will replicate and you won't have to worry about that.

Inventor---Vault Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report