Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Vault

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bmyers
417 Views, 4 Replies

Removing Vault

I have a client that hasn't used Autodesk Vault in approx. 2 years. They were using Vault 2011.  They would like to now remove all the files from the Vault server and (obviously) keep the same file names, etc. so they can simply back the data up on their high capacity server. 

The question: What's the process to remove all the files from a Vault while keeping the proper directory/naming scheme?

--------------
Brian Myers
Sr Applications Engineer - Autodesk Revit Architecture Certified Instructor (ACI)
Seiler Instrument, St Louis MO
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kenjacques8585
in reply to: bmyers

This wouldn't involve setting up a vault client on your new server and just performing a massive get folder command? Does your client intend to capture all of the old version files as well?

Message 3 of 5
bmyers
in reply to: kenjacques8585

They want to retire the Vault server and remove/salvage as much of the Vault data as possible.  They discussed internally setting up a newer version of Vault, but decided Civil 3D (the software they used it the most with) could now handle everything with data shortcuts, etc good enough to not require Vault anymore. 

But to answer your question directly, they would like to capture all the "current" files and move them onto their normal, office network... then retire the Vault.   My Vault knowledge is fairly light, but obviously they could open each file individually and do a "save" to a network location.  Of course, this is also insanity because of the length of time it would take.  They are not worried about Revisions, Versions, etc (so no, they don't care about those old files) ... just their "current" Vault files.

As I think about it, I'm beginning to realize the difficulty of this if an Automated tool isn't available for the task... so I hope my limited knowledge is missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

--------------
Brian Myers
Sr Applications Engineer - Autodesk Revit Architecture Certified Instructor (ACI)
Message 4 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: bmyers

Open the Vault client.

Right-click on the root folder ($) and select Get.

This will get all of the latest versions of the files and keep the folder structure.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 5
bmyers
in reply to: ihayesjr

That's the easiest question you'll need to answer today. Smiley Wink

Thanks.

--------------
Brian Myers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report