Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Repair Utility

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MattH_Work
371 Views, 2 Replies

Reference Repair Utility

I see that the Reference Repair Utility (new in Vault SP1) is automatic in paid for Vaults (Workgroup thru Pro) but only manual in the Basic edition, what is the reason for this?

Regards

MattH

MattH
Product Design Collection 2025
Vault Pro 2025
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xavier_dumont1
in reply to: MattH_Work

If I remember well when I discover this bug, I saw there are some additional SQL tables in Vault W-C-P that stored which file is linked with other. Then, the repair utility probably use those tables.

For Vault Basic, the only table that store links is the table who was too much purged...

Message 3 of 3
achintam
in reply to: MattH_Work

Hello,

Reference Repair Utility is for Vault Basic as well as Workgroup and higher editions of Vault and this is a manual process regardless of the edition of Vault.  Whereas automatic repair is done as part of installation of the Service pack and this only applies to data created in Workgroup and higher editions of Vault, because of the information that is available for that data.  However, auto repair may not address all cases, that is why it is highly recommended to run the Reference Repair Utility and go through the manual repair process for Workgroup and higher editions of Vault as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Anil Chintamaneni (Autodesk)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report