Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Repair Utility - several concerns

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Maxim-CADman77
1027 Views, 12 Replies

Reference Repair Utility - several concerns

Concern #1:

When pressing F1 in Autodesk Repair Reference Utility user is being send to http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0190-Referenc209/0210-Walkthro210#G... But steps/parts are confusing.

Part 4 - Why opening results(xml, right) in Excel?

Part 5 - HOW to import XML on server?! Is it something obvious? Think no.

Concern #2:

can't finish the client part of work - after several hours of work the error pops: The utility has encounted some errors and it has stopped working. Please see the log file for details. Nothing in end of log file gives any hint to what have happened:  --------- Parameter name: collection 17:31:36  Processing version 33: version name=FS-DG_SMunit_SupportIns_2.iam in c:\temp\a28a5c88-5de5-400b-85d4-f141c1f28c8a\╨Я╤А╨╛╨╡╨║╤В╤Л\FS-DG\Products\SMunit\SupportIns 17:31:37  1 missing references found. 17:31:37  Error occurred when processing FS-DG_SMunit_SupportIns_2.iam. 17:31:37  Value cannot be null. Parameter name: collection 17:31:37 ---------Those non-readable symbols are Cyrrilic folder name, but it is repeated so many times in the log that just can't be the root of problem sever hours later. How to workaround?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

#1 Those Parts 4 and 5 occured to be urls (who might expect as it is blue and not underlined, as subclouse "Note" on the same page). Thus the advanced info is on pages

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0190-Referenc209/0210-Walkthro210/0...

and

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0190-Referenc209/0210-Walkthro210/0... is a description

Will comment my Concern#2 after sorting out the 1st one.

Message 3 of 13

The concern#2 is actual - utility stops, I resume it - half minute later it stops again. Now i'm planing to create macros that would resume it cyclically but I'm pretty sure it is something that I as subscribed user shouldn't do if Autodesk support would do their job.

Concern#3 the utility seems ignore the option of treating historical versions (i don't enable it but still have mentions about not latest parent versions in output xml).

Message 4 of 13

Concern#2 Ato-resume haven't helped, there were no progress it always stopped on one particular file.

Now I've deleted the file (it is not something acceptable in real Vault but I'm playing with backup on test server). After ARRU was run again on this vault it now stopps with MS Net.Framework JIT error dialog (ignore/continue or quit). I've choosen to ignore and ARRU seems to hang (no visible changes in its state for hours.

Latest lines in log are:

---

23:54:24  Processing version 18: version name=FS-CM_Pack_Label_Front(47).ipt in c:\temp\9d643aac-008f-4e5e-bf36-ced02c976d1d\Проекты\FS-CM\Products\Pack\Label\Front\47
23:54:25  Error occurred when processing FS-CM_Pack_Label_Front(47).ipt.
23:54:25  WSE910: An error happened during the processing of a response message, and you can find the error in the inner exception.  You can also find the response message in the Response property.
23:54:25  Processing version 19: version name=FS-CM_Pack_Label_Front(47).ipt in c:\temp\9d643aac-008f-4e5e-bf36-ced02c976d1d\Проекты\FS-CM\Products\Pack\Label\Front\47
23:54:25  The remote name could not be resolved: 's-vserver23.tavrida.local'
23:54:25  Processing version 20: version name=FS-CM_Pack_Label_Front(47).ipt in c:\temp\9d643aac-008f-4e5e-bf36-ced02c976d1d\Проекты\FS-CM\Products\Pack\Label\Front\47
23:54:25  The remote name could not be resolved: 's-vserver23.tavrida.local'
23:54:25  File $/Проекты/FS-CM/Products/Pack/Label/Front/47/FS-CM_Pack_Label_Front(47).ipt is processed.
23:54:25  Processing $/Проекты/FS-CM/Products/Pack/Label/Front/47/FS-CM_Pack_Label_Front(47).idw
23:54:25  Using handler ExtensionHandlerInventor.CheckReferenceExtHandler
23:54:25  Error occurred when processing FS-CM_Pack_Label_Front(47).idw.

----

Don't know where to move further. Ideas are welcome.

Message 5 of 13
ralfwalter
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Hello,

Would you be able to share your dataset and detailed steps with us at Autodesk so we can try to reproduce the issue?

We can find a way to get that dataset to us without having to post it publicly.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ralf Walter

Autodesk

Software Engineer

Ralf Walter

Principal Engineer
Message 6 of 13
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: ralfwalter

Preparation and sending dataset is time consuming. I'd rather get the utility fixed (not searching dangling relationships in historical versions if not said to do so).
Message 7 of 13
ralfwalter

We are looking into this.

Thank you,

Ralf Walter

Autodesk

Software Engineer

Ralf Walter

Principal Engineer
Message 8 of 13
chearhuat

Hi Uma,

Would you help to elaborate on concern #3? Particularly on how you get to see the message/indication that 'there is no latest parent version in output xml''? Sharing of the xml file would greatly help us during the troubleshooting.

Meanwhile, in the output xml, the node that reads 'Parent_missing_ref' could be extended to mean 'parent file with missing reference / children files'. Hope this is not the one that is causing confusion...

Regards,

Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 9 of 13
MaxU77
in reply to: chearhuat

Dear Chear Huat,

Just to clarify - the problem is not in the absence of latest versions in XML, utility generates some errors and stops working. Each time it happens on historical version.

Problem is: utility processes historical versions even if told not to (option “Process all versions of files (including historical)” is not checked).

Please analyse XML attached to case 08095963 .

Lines 22 and 23 are two verions of one file, right?

Why they are both in output if historical versions are not processed?

I have the minor hope that if you guys will fix this option the utility will process/fix at least actual versions of files in our Vault and then our company will finally get trusty Item BOMs (after several years of implementing).

Thanks in advance.

MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)
Message 10 of 13
mthomas
in reply to: MaxU77

I have 3-folders within my Vault doing the exact same thing... processes, processes, them bam get the error message that it can't proceed. 

Mike Thomas

Message 11 of 13
Olaf.Górski
in reply to: mthomas

Hello Mike,

Would you be able to share your dataset with us at Autodesk so we can try to reproduce the issue? Of course we can find a way to get that dataset to us without having to post it publicly.

Olaf Górski
Message 12 of 13
mthomas
in reply to: Olaf.Górski

I log this with Autodesk Tech Support some time ago, case #: 07985945

They also have a recent copy of our Vault databases. Can you get the data you require from this?

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 13 of 13
Olaf.Górski
in reply to: mthomas

Thanks! I'll contact my colleagues in the U.S.

Olaf Górski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report