Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Search Indexes script error?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TomRev
591 Views, 5 Replies

Rebuild Search Indexes script error?

OK, I am trying to write a script to run a rebuild search indexes on my ADMS consoles for when I need to.  I want to just run the script and walk away instead of having to open the ADMS console and go through that mess.  So, I have my script written, the code is pretty dirty right now since I am still testing it.  When I run the actual rebuild search indexes I get an error saying the vault does not exist.  See attachement for error.  Below is my script with a pause and a "dir" so I could make sure I was in the correct directory before going forward.  I am going to remove these once I have the bugs worked out.  Anyone have any clue as to why I am getting this error.  I get the same error when I log into the ADMS console and try to run the rebuild search indexes from there.  the referenced vault does exist and I can log into it from a client and work.

Thanks for your help,

Tommy

ADMS console computer:

2008 R2 Standard

8GB RAM

(2) 2.53GHz Processors

Script Code:

iisreset /stop
cd C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes
rmdir /s /q C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\vault_prod
iisreset /start
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2012\ADMS Console
pause
dir
pause
Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe -ORebuildsearchindexes -NVAULT_PROD -VUadministrator -VP

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: TomRev

The script that you wrote looks correct.  I was able to have it work in my test environment.  Mind you, I did the steps manually and not inside a batch file.  Since you are seeing the problem within the ADMS Console, I am wondering the condition of the vault that you are using.  Was this vault attached from somewhere else?  Where there other vaults on this system?  If so, how where they removed?  It seems that even though the client is recognizing the vault in question the ADMS Console is not.  Are you able to select the vault inside the ADMS Console and perform any other operations on it?

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 6
TomRev

no, the vault wasn't attached from somewhere else.  It is part of a replicated environment though and I am getting the same error on all my other ADMS consoles.  There is only one vault in the environment.  I think I am going to have to take this to the support guys.

Message 4 of 6
JamesMcMullen

If you have that ability, I would say contacting support would be the fastest route to a resolution.  Since you mentioned replicated environment, I would double check that the "vault" database is indeed replicating properly throughout the system.  If it is not replicating properly, this could be what is blocking you.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 5 of 6
TomRev

thanks for your help.  I appreciate it.

Message 6 of 6
Maxim-CADman77

I wonder have you found the solution for "referenced vault does not exist"?
After manual removing corrupt search indexes on all servers and run rebuild on publisher (supposed on all sites) we got all correct on publisher but empty searches on subscribers.

Attempt to run reindex on subscriber interrupts with that message.
I guess it is somehow connected with the fact that there is a second vault which is not enabled on subscribers (threre it just no need to get to it from subscribers).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report