Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purging options, keep original plus last 6 versions (Vault Pro 2012)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
BSchubring
587 Views, 10 Replies

Purging options, keep original plus last 6 versions (Vault Pro 2012)

Hi, I'm reading about the options available to purge extre versions of a drawing from Vault through the ADMS.  What we want to do seems 90% covered except for one small snag.

We'd like to keep the last 6 versions of a file (supported), AND the initial version (I don't see that option). My CAD group does not want to lose the ability to go back to the original version of a file as received from the customer.  There are no reliable comments or dates to filter this on, so what are my options (if any)?

Thanks!

(This is the page I'm referencing)

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0098-Autodesk98/0099-Manage_V99/010...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
john.laidler
in reply to: BSchubring

Add this to your backup script.  Modify for the version of Vault, vault name, backup login and password

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Manufacturing 2010\ADMS Console\Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe" -Opurge -N<<vaultname>> -KEEPVERS6 -EXCLCMT "Do not purge" -VU<<login>> -VP<<password>>

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 11
BSchubring
in reply to: john.laidler

Thanks, can you explain how this script keeps the original, or does Vault always do that atomatically? I don't recognize a  parameter in there that does that portion.

Message 4 of 11
john.laidler

If you don't have the 'basic' Vault, you can 'release' the original.  What version of Vault are you using?

John Laidler

Message 5 of 11
BSchubring

Vault Professional 2012. We're prepping for an upgrade to 2013 next week, and I'm trying to trim down the size of the DB before the final backup and transition to 2013.

Message 6 of 11
john.laidler

Set the state of the originals to 'released', those won't be purged.

John Laidler

Message 7 of 11
BSchubring

Ah, I see. I went into our Workflow, checked the initial Receved state we made and checked the box to make it a Released state. This should prevent it from being purged if I understand correctly. Many thanks for your assistance!

Message 8 of 11
john.laidler

No problem.  Good luck in your upgrade to 2013.

John Laidler

Message 9 of 11

Hello,

DON'T Purge !!!

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18480860&linkID=9261341

There is an issue with the purge. You have to install the hotfix above, this will disable the purge in order to avoid the loss of file dependencies.

Message 10 of 11
BSchubring
in reply to: xavier_dumont2

Yikes, didn't see this until after it was completed... Gonna hope for the best. Thanks for the warning, I'll get this installed ASAP.  

What is the exact risk here?  What dependencies are at risk?

Message 11 of 11
xavier_dumont2

Hello,

The best, I think, is to ask this to your reseller. He can ask this to Autodesk and give you more detail on what is exactlly this bug.

And keep a backup before the purge, I think this can help (or revert before purge if always possible)

Have a nice day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report