Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties and formulas in Vault Explorer vs Itemmaster

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tegstette
446 Views, 5 Replies

Properties and formulas in Vault Explorer vs Itemmaster

Hi

I have edited a lot of files in Vault and added formulas for properties. I use Edit Properties and paste the formulas in for the properties. When updated everything looks fine. When I find the files in Vault Explorer I can see that the properties have updated and is showing me the result of the formula. Excelent!

BUT, now I want to assign Item for the same files and export the data to ERP. And here the properties are showing the actual formula - and not the result of the formula. Please see attached pic for a small example.

I do not understand why there should be a difference in this in Explorer vs Itemmaster (maybe a bug??). But how do I fix this? The only way I know of is to check out every single file and manually update them. And in fact sometimes I need to force the update of the properties of the parts by moving the "End Part" up and down on the ipt. Unfortunately I do not know which files is edited. So I have to do this with every file in the entire Vault (hopefully with task scheduler or something). If there is not an easier solution...

So please if anyone have a solution for this or any good advice, please post itSmiley Happy

Best regards

TG

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tegstette

What version and level of Vault are you currently using?

Message 3 of 6
tegstette
in reply to: Anonymous

We are using Inventor 2013 and Vault professional 2013.

Best regards

TG

Best regards
TG

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tegstette

I just tested on our 2013 level (Vault Pro/Inventor) and my items show the formula results.   Have you applied service pack 1 for your server/clients?

How is your properties mapped in vault for Title (ITEM,CO) or the other one in your image?   Is it mapped bi-directional (vault<-->inventor) or one direction  (vault<---inventor).   Just trying to narrow it down to settings (or a service pack issue).

Message 5 of 6
tegstette

Yes, service pack 1 for server/client is installed.

All mappings are going one way from Vault explorer to item.
Between Vault and Inventor props mappings are going both ways.

After checking out files and update properties and checking them back in, it works fine. But problem occures if just edit props within vault.

Best regards
TG
Best regards
TG

Message 6 of 6
tegstette

Hello, again

The fact that it works on your system gives me hope that there may be a simple solution.

I attached a pic of 3 of my mappings.

As I mentioned in my last post all systems are updated.

Best regards

TG

Best regards
TG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report