Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Autocad BoM on Vault pro 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ndra
768 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with Autocad BoM on Vault pro 2012

Hello,

I'm having trouble with getting this to work on the new version (it worked fine for previous versions). We have a custom routine that imports some standard, pre-made txt files, to the autocad mechanical bom. This works fine, as you see on the first screenshot (acadbom)

Check in the file in the vault, try to assign an item. It results to the second picture (newitem). You can see that it sums the parts that have an identical name and description, while up to now, it created seperate entries (which is the intended behaviour), as you can see on a previous item, created with vault 2011.

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
r.smith1
in reply to: ndra

Will you attach the txt file and a screen shot of the import wizard as well? 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
ndra
in reply to: r.smith1

Dear Ron,

The import wizard can be seen on newitem.jpg. The text file is attached to this message, though I believe that it's strictly a vault configuration problem.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
mollons
in reply to: ndra

Try this:

Check the Equivalence Value property and remove the acad mappings and map the property back to your PS Equivalence property in ACADM.

The PSEquivalence functionality was replaced with a property allowing you to map the specific properties you want to determine item equivalence. By removing all the mappings, items will not try to automatically find an existing item. By adding back the mapping to PSEquivalence you should restore the same functionality as 2011, in which only bom entries with the PSEquivalence property will map to an existing item.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 5 of 5
ndra
in reply to: mollons

Dear Scott,

That worked perfectly, thank you for your reply. I thought I have already tried that, but, I shouldn't be so certain after all.

Have a good day

Regards,

Nikos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report