Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem dwg files in Vault Pro 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kolesaa
233 Views, 1 Reply

Problem dwg files in Vault Pro 2014

Hello.

There are several situations on different machines:

1. When trying to create DWF(local or queue) fails:"File type is not supported." System Properties in Vault "Provider": AutoCad, AutoCAD 2014 instaled in PC.

2. When trying open DWG of Vault, run Inventor. System Properties in Vault "Provider": AutoCad,  AutoCAD 2014 instaled in PC.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: kolesaa

I have the Situation #2 reproducible on my PC on one particular DWG.

Vault Explorer Pro 2014 (18.101.3.10)* 

Open (Skip Check Out).

It asks which of two IPJ to use and after getting user input it opens the file in Inventor (seems like import. not open).

If I just get the file and double click it from working folder the AutoCAD Electrical 2014opens it in no time.

* Because of https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=htt...

our ADMS is not updated to 18.101.3.20 yet (anyway I don't see the mention of this issue in description of what was fixed).

Just in case:

I'm CAD manager and apart from other tasks I'm investigating our perspective of moving to Vault 2015 thus I also have Vault Exploer 2015 installed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report