Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding library components to vault 2013

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
rikard
2591 Views, 24 Replies

Problem adding library components to vault 2013

In 2011 and 2012 Vault Collaboration we used to have one category named "Standard" for Library and Content Center Files. The default state for the category is released.

When migrating to 2013 with the same rules and setting the engineering users can't add new CC parts to vault. When assembly files with new cc parts are checked in the system say:

A problem occurred while attempting to add ........

The server returned... : You do not have adequate permission to perform this operation.

Capture.JPG

The solution I found is to give permission to the engineer to have modify rights for Standard components or remove cc rules and manually change state to released. But it's not so safe and efficient as the previous workflow.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
ForrestJudd
in reply to: rikard

I've verified that this behavior has changed in the 2013 release from the 2012 release. I created new lifecycles, categories, rules, and properties for handling Content Center Files from scratch in both 2012 and 2013. Something has change in 2013 that prevents this previously valid workflow. Some write operation to the file record must be taking place both during check-in and after it is placed into the read only lifecycle state. As a workaround you'd have to grant write permission to the record in its released state.
Message 3 of 25
smilinger
in reply to: ForrestJudd

I have to point out that you are wrong about that in 2013 the workflow has changed.

I have the same problem with my vault, but if I create a new vault and config it as before, it works perfectly as wished.

There must be something wrong in the background during we are configuring our vaults, I have submit this problem to Autodesk and waiting for their answer about this.

Message 4 of 25
smilinger
in reply to: smilinger

I think it should be more helpful to post more details about this problem here.

Everything is OK if you create a new vault and configure the category and lifecycle things for the content center parts. You will never know when and why it would get wrong. I have experience this problem in both VC 2013 and in VP 2013.

If you export the configuration and import it to a new vault, the problem will be brought into the new vault too.

So attached is my vault configuration, please test it with a new vault ,check in content center parts to see the problem and create a new vault and configure it from scratch for comparison.

In the server console, there would be a error message if you try to check in content center parts:

Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634785613591609018 )
Exception: PermissionDenied [303] 
Stacktrace: 
Server stack trace: 
   at r.<DeniedWithinCount>d__0.h()
   at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)
   at r.b()
   at r.a(ArrayList A_0)
   at v.a()
   at Connectivity.VaultPro.Document.BusinessLogic.Vault_FolderExtension._Post_AddFile(File& newFile, BOM bom)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Document.Services.FolderService.AddFile(Int64 folderId, String filename, String comment, DateTime lastWrite, FileAssociationParam[] associations, BOM bom, Stream file, FileClassification fileClass, Boolean hidden)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.v17.DocumentService.AddFile(Int64 folderId, String fileName, String comment, DateTime lastWrite, FileAssociationParam[] associations, BOM bom, FileClassification fileClassification, Boolean hidden, ByteArray`1 fileContents)

By the way, I don't like the export and import mechanism of vault. It only import new configuration not overwrite existing default configuration and sometimes can cause big problem.

Message 5 of 25
smilinger

There is something wrong in the confuration file above, use this one instead.

Message 6 of 25
clastrilla

Same problem for other file types (e.g. .doc), - so it seems the problem lies in checking-in products to a default released state.

Message 7 of 25
ForrestJudd
in reply to: clastrilla

I received a reply from Autodesk support today indicating that they could reproduce the problem and it's now logged with development. The issue does appear to only occur with vaults that were migrated from a previous release. I am able to check files into a read-only lifecycle state with newly created Vault 2013 vaults.
Message 8 of 25
smilinger
in reply to: ForrestJudd

That's not correct, ForrestJudd. It's all about 2013 itself.

The CC parts failed to check in if you have set more assignment rules as follows:

Just try to configure your rule as follows:

1.png

Or add a rule for DOC files, for example, like this:

2.png

Message 9 of 25
ForrestJudd

We may be talking about different issues, then.  I did not configure my vault with multiple rules.  Instead, I created a UDP (named IsCCPart) mapped to the Is Content property of IPT files.  My rule acts only on that UDP.  It does not also check to see if the file has an extension of IPT.

While indeed this is related to Vault 2013, it appears to only impact Vault databases that were migrated from a previous release to 2013.  I have tested this with two different Vault 2013 servers.  I have not tried exporting and importing a configuration, as I couldn't get the configuration from my migrated vault to even export - the process invariably failed.

Pre-existing vaults that were migrated do not behave as they did before 2013.  Creating new lifecycles, categories, and assignment rules in a migrated vault still leads to the same fundamental problem:  you cannot check a file into vault that would be auto-categorized into a category whose default lifecycle state is read only.  Modifying the lifecycle state to allow write permits file check-in.

If you create a new vault in the 2013 environment, and create a new lifecycle, category, and assignment rule, files will check in without issue.  This is the issue that Autodesk has recreated.

Message 10 of 25
smilinger

We are talking about exactly the same issue!

Don't you need create a assignment rule for your office documents (.xls, .doc, .xlsx, .docx, etc.)?

Don't you need create assignment rules for other files by their file extensions (or file name)?

What I mean is, If you create only one single rule (which act only on the IsCCPart UDP) for only the CC parts, it will check in without any problem. Try to add another rule (act on file extension or file name, etc.) for your Office documents, then the CC parts will not check in.

It also means that, If you delete all the other rules leaving only the rule for your CC parts in your MIGRATED vault, you will be able to check in your CC parts again. And, of cource, you will never want to do this.

I have already reported this to Autodesk Support and they can also reproduce it, so I think we can wait for new hotfix to address this.

Message 11 of 25
hans.martin.haga

Also have the same problem with customers upgraded from 2012 to 2013, applies to both Content Center Parts and Library Parts.

Any news on this?

Message 12 of 25
ndra
in reply to: hans.martin.haga

Same problem here, any news?

Smilingers workaround is not applicable in our case.

Message 13 of 25

What a PITA! this has hampered my AU class prep. Any news? Autodesk?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 14 of 25
mollons

We are currently working to address this issue.

More details to follow when we have an estimate on when the fix will be released.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 15 of 25

Any news on this?

Message 16 of 25

Any news?

Message 17 of 25
mollons

We are still working to fix and test the issue.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 25
dominik.gleinser
in reply to: mollons

Okey. Thank you...

Message 19 of 25
mollons
in reply to: dominik.gleinser

This is has been fixed in Vault 2013 SP1 available now.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 25
wseaston
in reply to: mollons

Please note that we have been having this problem and it "HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED BY THE VAULT SP1"

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report