Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLACING PARTS LIST IN IDW DIRTIES ASSY FILE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BLHDrafting
287 Views, 2 Replies

PLACING PARTS LIST IN IDW DIRTIES ASSY FILE

Anybody got an idea why placing a Part List (structured) into a new IDW dirties the assy file? Unlike the SAVE AS DIRTIES FILE post I created earlier (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/SAVE-AS-DIRTIES-FILE/td-p/3678262) closing the file and opening it does not clear the change, rather it marks the assy file as green dot (Local copy has been edited out of turn, use Check Out). I can understand this process if I altered the Parts List in any way but I have not. I have only placed it.

P.S. Just found out that this does not happen on a single part assy. By this I mean I have an parent assy with a custom placed CC component that I then cut extrude to form a part.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikel_martin
in reply to: BLHDrafting

I have the same question I did with the "save as" post.
Does this happen without vault?
If so you may want post the issues in the Inventor forum.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: mikel_martin

Mikel, I don't know what you mean by 'without Vault'.

I have a project that is not vault based but of course I can't see if placing a Parts List touches (dirties) the assy file. If I use this project and create a new IDW and place an assy, then add a Parts List and do a Save it prompts me to save both the IDW and the IAM. Is that what you mean?

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report