Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old versions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cbenner
435 Views, 3 Replies

Old versions

Ok, this should be an easy one, but in my semi brain dead state this Monday morning, I'm not seeing it.  Is there not some easy magical way to open an old version of a vaulted assembly?  Mgt wants us to make some changes to a very large design, and be able to quickly chagne back if it isn't going to work.  Copy Design is an option, but not a great one for something as massive as this.  Getting an old version would be preferrable.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jason.rogers
in reply to: cbenner

Do a get. In the Get/Check Out dialog; select and older version (drop down menu at the top of the dialog). Go to the local workspace; perform a cut or copy; place it in a non Vault workspace; right click the file and un check the "Read Only" box.

Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: jason.rogers

Thanks, I may have to try that.... but it looks like you can only grab Revisions, not versions.  EDIT: Never mind... took a swig of coffee and looked with a clear sert of eyes... I got this.

Meanwhile the situation that led to this question has been resolved in another way.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
masureb
in reply to: cbenner

Hi guys,

On my side, I could not get the version on this way. the drop list shows me (Null):

15-03-2013 10-17-51.png

Any settings to change this?

Regards,

Bertrand as a Kid Blue

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report