Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd problem with numbering scheme

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Millehuse
643 Views, 10 Replies

Odd problem with numbering scheme

We have an odd problem two of our workstations. Occasionally the "Generate File Number" scheme doesnt work properly. See attached screenshots for clarification.

The best description of the issue, is that it somehow only adds the prefix name .. not the suffix (if that makes sense). So instead of a complete "adresse" you are stuck with just name of the road - and not the number of the house.

We have tried to solve it by:

rebooting computer (solves it rarely)

reloading all add-ins in Inventor (solves it sometimes)

re-installing or repairing the vault add-in (solves it rarely)

Once the problem is solved, the workstation will work sometimes for weeks without hiccups, and then all of a sudden it will come back.

Any thoughts (other than clean installation of workstation) =o)

Edited: forgot to add that we use Vault/Inventor 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Millehuse

Hi,

Can you please show the Numbering Scheme details that you have? I will try to use the same and try to reproduce the issue if I can. We have seen this issue when you go for Create component or Add Part command. But not during Save or Save As.

Than ks

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 11
Millehuse

Is this enough information - or what kind of details are you looking for?

Best Regards

Message 4 of 11
Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for providing that information. I used the same method and tried to save file multiple times. It worked fine. So I am unsure how to reproduce the issue. When it happens again may be you can raise a support ticket (if you are in subscription) so that someone from Support Team can look into the machine directly. You can also try to get the Server logs from the ADMS to see if we are able to get any clue. 

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
jzcrouse
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Was this ever solved? 

Message 6 of 11
CGBenner
in reply to: jzcrouse

@jzcrouse 

Hi, sorry that I just saw this.  Are you having the same problem as the original question?  Can you elaborate on what you are seeing and what version of Vault you are using?  Maybe attach a screen shot of your numbering scheme as the original poster did so that someone can look at it?

@Senthil_Kumar tagging you in, just in case your expertise is needed here.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 11
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner No Chris. As i mentioned i couldn't reproduce the issue. 

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 11
smilinger
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Please be aware the OP is still using vault/inventor 2013, if I remember correctly, I had encountered the same issue before. The problem is inventor incorrectly think a dot (.) signify the file extension, so for a generated file number like P1.01.101005.ipt, inventor was thinking P1.ipt.

The issue should have been fixed in later releases.

Message 9 of 11
CGBenner
in reply to: jzcrouse

@jzcrouse  Did the information provided by @smilinger  answer your question? If so, would you please use Accept Solution so that others may find this in the future? Thank you very much!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 10 of 11
jzcrouse
in reply to: CGBenner

it did not answer my question. Also i cannot "accept solution" as i am not the OP. I had to reset inventor to fix the issue  

Message 11 of 11
j_spiradek
in reply to: smilinger

@smilinger @Senthil_Kumar

I have the same problem on one of the computers of one of the clients. Vault Porfessional 2020.3.1, Inventor 2020.3.2, Windows 8.1. It works properly on other computers.

Jakub Spiradek
MAT.net.pl
Autodesk Gold Partner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report