Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Prompts Anymore

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dbrblg
368 Views, 5 Replies

No Prompts Anymore

Hello all, 

Not sure whether this is the correct forum or whether I should be using the Inventor forum but here goes....

Until Monday this week, whenever I opened a .ipt file from vault into Inventor, I used to get a prompt to the effect of "Some properties in file '{0}' may be out of date. Would you like to update properties now?".  There were four boxes, 'yes', 'yes to all', 'no' and 'no to all'.

All of a sudden I no longer get this and have to manually update.

As far as I can see it is always set to prompt but it doesn't (from settings under Inventor Vault plugin > options > prompts.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: dbrblg

Do you get the same prompt when you try to Check out any file AFTER opening from Vault?

Anyway to make sure, the following prompt has to be set as "Always Prompt"

Prop.png

If this also doesn't help then the last option is to do the reset on the "ApplicationPreferences.xml" file. You can find the file in this location.

But please note that doing this will remove all the previous settings and will take back your settings to the initial default one.

1. Close Inventor

2. Rename ""ApplicationPreferences.xml" in this location.

"C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2013 Vault Addin\ApplicationPreferences.xml

3. Start Inventor and check the prompts.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 6
dbrblg

Hi Senthil, 

I cannot find the xml file.  I am using Windows XP and after searching the entire hard drive this file does not appear anywhere!!

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Senthil_Kumar

Hi,

Ensure you have enabled "Hidden Files". In XP the file should be under "C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Autodesk\<Inventor Add-in folder>. I do not have the exact name of the folder since I do not have a XP system to check it right now.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
dbrblg

Hi,

I have hidden files switched on and still cannot find this file.  

The most logical place I believe it should be is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Addins

but it is not in there.  There is nothing on the entire hard drive with that name.

Regards

Message 6 of 6
Senthil_Kumar

How about "preferences.xml" under "Objects" Folder? If you cannot find it, Can you please send a screen capture of all the XML files under "autodesk" folder?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report