Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hotfixes Available

105 REPLIES 105
Message 1 of 106
jeremy_lambert
9125 Views, 105 Replies

New Hotfixes Available

All,

We (the Vault team) would like to make the group aware of a new hotfix that we just released to the support page.  You can download the hotfix here for 2012, 2011 and 2010. 

2012 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480860&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2011 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480822&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2010 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480586&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

This latest hotfix addresses a number of potential issues around property synchronization, copy design, permissions as well as some cumulative updates depending upon the release.

One important fix addresses a recently discovered issue with the Purge command that has affected a limited group of customers. In some cases, the Purge command has left some unresolved file references, resulting in an unresolved reference dialog or incomplete where-used results.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that our customers discontinue use of the Purge command, and have included technology within the latest hotfix that restricts and reduces the impact of the Purge command. 

Please continue to monitor this newsgroup thread to learn more about additional software updates as they become available. 

Kindest regards,

Jeremy Lambert

Jeremy Lambert
Sr. Product Line Manager
Data Management Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

105 REPLIES 105
Message 21 of 106
JohnHuber
in reply to: JohnHuber

The Job Processor update for Vault 2011 is now posted.

• 2011 - DL19384628, fixed memory leak and adds large address awareness

Regards,

John Huber
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 22 of 106
Raider_71

Hi,

We are running Vault Pro 2011 still and will be upgrading to 2013 soon. We are running out of disk space on the server and I was about to perform the SQL maintenance tomorrow. Part of what I wanted to do was to run a purge first and then run the SQL maintenance script after that.

Must I wait or can I go ahead?

To be honest I am not sure what the latest hotfix or Update is I have loaded but i think it was ts17766415.zip or dl18480822.zip

What advice do you have for me as the disk is getting full very fast so its quite urgent!

Message 23 of 106
olearya
in reply to: Raider_71

Hi there,

The immediate issue here is that you need to have enough disk space on the server to actually permit a migration to occur - during the upgrade process there is considerable short term growth in the ldf files etc, so I would look at making space or adding capacity prior to upgrading wherever you can.

Ensure you have a valid backup of course but if you are storing backups on the Vault server I would remove those to a remote location prior to the upgrade - these usually take a fair amount of space.

Now, the good news is once you have completed the upgrade to 2013 Vault will automatically remove file duplication from your filestore which will actually decrease the overall disk usage. Depending on current size and design behavior this reduction can be very significant.  

Vault 2013 has restricted purge as has the updates applied to 2011, 2012 and we do not recommend using purge in any case until we have released an update to address potential issues.  This is actively being worked on.

Hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 24 of 106
Raider_71
in reply to: olearya

Ok thanks for the prompt reply!

The issue here is actually that I need to reclaim some disk space. We would not be able to do the upgrade to 2013 just yet as this is quite a big step and we normally wait for at least the first majour update to be released before we even consider it. When will this be roughly do you think?

Is there any way for me to shrink the space used by Vault besides doing a purge? Will the SQL maintenance scripts help with space?

Message 25 of 106
olearya

No problems,

Actually running a maintenance plan does not really reduce size, at least not to any large degree, we no longer reccomend removing free space as part of the maintenance plan as essentially as soon as the DB grows again it takes the space back...

There is an article here which may give you some ideas (minus the purging) on how to reduce size:

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2010/06/how-toreduce-vault-size-and-generally-i...

Moving forward please contact me directly so we can raise this with support if necessary or look at other options for your specific case.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 26 of 106
Raider_71

Ok thanks for that. This is causing a bit of a problem for us. It looks like there is no real way to shrink the database. This looks like a short-term solution and it might give me a bit of extra space if I follow that blog.

Is purging posible in 2013 and 100% functioning?

Message 27 of 106
olearya

No, restricted awaiting a final resolution of any issues.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 28 of 106
Jim.S1

How is the 2013 purge repair coming along?

Message 29 of 106
olearya

Hi Jim,

Update will be posted here when details become available.

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 30 of 106
Greatwhitenorth

Hi Allan,

A couple of questions:

1. Will this update also apply to Vault 2012?

2. When are the details going to be available?

Thanks.

Bob

Message 31 of 106

Hi Autodesk.  Is the update still coming?

Thanks.

Bob

Message 32 of 106
olearya
in reply to: Greatwhitenorth

Hi Bob,

Yes it is, information will be posted here when available.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 33 of 106

Morning....

I was about to purge our vault for the first itme when I stubled accross this thread.

I also notice that its been 5 months since the hot fix to prohibit a purge was released....

Also no threads added for a couple of weeks.

Has this been fixed yet? or am I going to have to explain to management that we need to invest in further server space as our Vault has grown in size and our software provider is currently prohibiting us from doing something about it?

Cheers in advance

Graeme

Message 34 of 106
tech

I agree! The fact that this is not sorted yet is unacceptable. It’s now costing us as well. I understand that Autodesk is looking out for us in disabling the feature that could potentially have caused us a lot of headaches but how long does it take to sort out a patch? This is a feature that so many of us are counting on and although I only used it once before it is the only real space reclaiming tool/method I know of. It’s getting critical now and we are seriously running out of physical disk space!

Message 35 of 106
graeme.robinson
in reply to: tech

It wasnt really meant as a rant as such...more a statement of fact.....we need to purge or we need more space...

Just trying to get a feel for how long.....if its a week to patch then all well and good..a month...well that would make me think we best start planning for more space...more than a month then we need to request a change in IT infrastructure now

apologise if it came across as a rant/whinge/moan......wasnt intended to.

Cheers

Graeme

Message 36 of 106
olearya

Hi Gents,

We will be posting update on the status and delivery of this fix as it becomes available.

Rest assured we are well aware of the problems this poses to you our users and we have not taken this action lightly or easily.  We are working to provide the best possible outcome for customers with the resolution provided and hope to have final details soon on what to expect in terms of delivery.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 37 of 106
Greatwhitenorth

Hi Allan,

With all due respect, you're not really answering Graeme's statement:

"Just trying to get a feel for how long.....if its a week to patch then all well and good..a month...well that would make me think we best start planning for more space...more than a month then we need to request a change in IT infrastructure now"

Could you provide us with a better time frame please?

Thanks!

Bob

Message 38 of 106
olearya

Hi Bob,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I can assure you as soon as we have a a final answer on the release schedule for this it will be posted immediately.  The purpose of this thread is to make sure we get users accurate and timely details on updates.

I do understand your frustration but our main concern is providing accurate information, not best guest.  We very much appreciate your patience while we work through the testing and implementation of the fix and finalize release date.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 39 of 106
magnus.damgren

This was an interresting thread.

How on earth could it take almost 6 months to solve the purge command?

I now sit with a filestore OVER 120 gig and our backup can't hold much more data.

So please, could you put some more effort and time into this?

Message 40 of 106
r_clausing
in reply to: jeremy_lambert

Morning...

I was following this thread for a while like many others I guess. But it got quiet for some time. Is there any update on the topic I have missed out. Any new status that lets us hope for purge getting back into business?

best regards

René

Vault Professional 2012 SP1

Product Design Suite Professional 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report