Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete a third party image file link.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kprom
2155 Views, 10 Replies

Need to delete a third party image file link.

Tried asking this in the Inventor forum, and was directed here.  We have a couple parts that are linked to a jpg file, through Inventor studio.  They were set as a reflection image, from what I can tell.  However they are now perminantly linked to the part and anything we copy from it.  I eliminated the reflection from Inventor studio, but Vault still thinks the link is there.  If we delete the jpg files it causes unresolved references and as we all know Inventor will then refuse to work until they are resolved.  Also tried deleting the OLE link, but Vault still shows the connection.

Does anyone know a way to get rid of this link?  We can make a new jpg, and resolve it, but not delete it.

thanks,

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
olearya
in reply to: kprom

Strange - as this is an Inventor issue 🙂

There was in times gone by a script to remove embedded images but I believe this is now managed by the "links" command on the tools menu.  Apologies if you have already tried this but let me know if you are able to remove the link there.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
kprom
in reply to: olearya

Yep, tried removing the link, links button is now greyed out.  Vault tab in Inventor and Vault client still show the link.

Message 4 of 11
Senthil_Kumar

You can try the macro mentioned in the following Blog. If this doesn't help could you please send a sample file which has the issue? May be you can send us the file with the image linked and I can try deleting the image to see if that goes away or not.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2010/03/how-to-remove-unwanted-ole-links-in-an-inv...

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 5 of 11
kprom
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

For whatever reason the break link thing now works, but you have to do it right.  If I simply check out the file and break the link then check in, the link is preserved.  You have to manually refresh the vault tab IN INVENTOR, then check it in.

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 11
Greatwhitenorth

I wish there was a way to automate this with an iLogic rule.  We have hundreds of files with links that need to be broken.

Message 7 of 11
olearya
in reply to: Greatwhitenorth

You could try to leverage the code above to automate this - I have faced this issue on a large scale during implementations in the past but unfortunately my memories are vague.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 11
rwinokur

I have some files with hundreds of links and after using the recommended vba routine I can get rid of all but 2.  If I try to get rid of those 2 invneotr crashes.  ONe of the files is our template.  The template file has 2 links remaiing in it that I can't break.  When I make a new doc from the template, the two links turn into 6 links. they multiply.

There is one file that ltersally has ove 800 of the these unbrakable lins. Everytime I get any file out of the fault, this file comes weith it even if it is an entiely separte and unrelated job.

Any ideas?

Message 9 of 11
olearya
in reply to: rwinokur

Hey there,

I would see if there is anyone who can help out with this in Inventor support or at least over on the Inventor discussion group - you should get more hits at very least over there.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 11
RobJV

I have the exact same problem and have had this crop up over the last number of years.  Same issue with a bumpmap that has attached itself to a ipt file.  I had run macros years ago to fix some of these files but that does not work on these stubborn ones.  I had temporarily created a bmp file with the same name and stuck it in the working folder just so I could vault my project but it still keeps on cropping up when I check the files out.

Any other solutions????

Message 11 of 11
samuel.beauvais

Thank you, worked well soon as refreshed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report