Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NON- Cad seat and Visualization file creation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
357 Views, 2 Replies

NON- Cad seat and Visualization file creation

OK I have a client that has a NON - Cad user with Vault Workgroup installed, we are using lifecycle states. The NON - CAD user is set up to create visualization (DWF) files thru, lifecycle setting and configuration - that is all correct. The basic issue is that the "Job Processor" will not run the dwf creation for this NON-Cad seat. Now I thought that the Job Processor was used to run this type of activities in the back ground so why is it that the NON-CAD user of Vault Workgroup cannot create a visualization of files during the move from WIP to REVIEW.

I have reviewed the "JobProcessor.exe.config" file and it seems to be exactly the same as a CAD seat user, however while logged into the Job Processor and looking at Job types all the DWF creations are NOT Checked, why in the world would this be turned off on the NON-CAD workgroup user when on a CAD workgroup user the DWF creations are checked?

How Do I Turn on the DWF visualization creation for the NON cad user of workgroup so that this user can create the needed visualization file during the lifecycle state movements from WIP to Review?

See attach picture of the Processor job type issue...

Thanks

MB

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

the user would have to have inventor installed to generate the dwf files for the inventor files

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well Now and then you need to take a break - It's all figured out, It is Friday. It seems that I simply  overlooked the NON CAD user is exactly that the NON CAD user, so they have nothing on their system to create the DWF file.

Thanks we solved this one on our own... Or at least after thinking about it a we bit more...

MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report