Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration failed after installing Autodesk Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
psaarloos
1006 Views, 1 Reply

Migration failed after installing Autodesk Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1

Hi all,

I just installed Autodesk Vault Subscription Release, but the migration of the Vaults failed. I also tried to restore a backup, but still the migration fails. How can this be fixed?

The log file tells this: (see also part of the log in the attachment)

10/24/2013 1:44:39 PM Could not load type 'Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders.Providers.Revit_PropertyProvider' from assembly 'Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders, Version=18.100.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

It's an environment with a remote SQL. On the remote server Windows Server 2012 & SQL Enterprise 2012 (SP0) is installed.

The ADMS server is a Windows Server 2008 machine and had the following updates installed before installing Subscription Release 1

- Vault 2014 Service Pack 1

- Cumulative Hotfix 2

There are four Vaults running on the ADMS. The Vault database is activated to use with Civil 3D, but the other three not.

SQL on the remote server is running with a domain account: 'SQL_Service'

ADMS is running with a domain account: 'sa_vaultservice'

The sa account of SQL has the default password

The transition folder is placed on the ADMS server. Both domain users have read/write access to the share.

I had problems installing Service Pack 1 and the Cumulative Hotfix as well. I created a support request for that earlier (CaseNo:08577892). The answer was to disable UAC on the Windows 2012 Server by changing a setting in the registry. I tried this, but it still didn't allow me to install the Service Pack, Hotfix and also not Subscription Release 1.

The error I am getting is : "Error 26402. Failed to create user due to invalid password. (-2147022651 sa_vaultservice)".

What does this error mean? I am 100% sure the impersonation account details (ADMS Console --> Tools --> Administration --> Advanced) are set correctly!!

The way I managed to install Service Pack 1, Hotfix 2 and today Subscription Release 1 is by following these steps:

1) Change the impersionation account back to the default 'AutodeskVault' local user through the ADMS Console UI

2) Install the update software (I am NOT launching the ADMS Console after the update)

3) Goto the web.config file in the ' C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2014\Server\Web\Services'  folder

4) Look for the impersonation account settings and change the AutodeskVault account back to the domain user (sa_vaultservice)

5) After saving and closing the web.config file I startup the ADMS Console application

6) I get the message to migrate the Vaults.

This worked for the Service Pack 1 and the Hotfix, but not for the Subscription Release 1. After opening ADMS I could see that the KnowledgeVaultMaster migrated without problem. I got the dialog with the question to migrate the Vaults. I answered Yes, but the migration fails, while the Subscription Release 1 install told me it got installed succesfully.

Hope to hear a solution soon!

Regards,

Pim

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsaunders
in reply to: psaarloos

Hi Pim,

This issue you are having migrating Vaults may occur if additional Property Providers (e.g. SolidWorks) were installed to the Vault Server after RTM.  The installation of the new Property Providers would update a configuration file that the Subscription Release installer also needs to update.  The Subscription Release installer then fails to update the configuration file resulting in this error.

The following steps can be taken to correct the issue:

1. Manually update the ContentSourcePropertyProvidersCfg.xml file to include the modifications that should have been delivered with the Subscription Release installation.
  2. Restart IIS via the “iisreset” command.

To update the ContentSourcePropertyProviderCfg.xml configuration file:

• Locate the file installed at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2014\Server\Components\ContentSourcePropertyProvidersCfg.xml
  • Make a backup of the existing file.
  • Edit the config file and locate the following line:
<ContentSourcePropertyProvider Provider="Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders.Providers.Revit_PropertyProvider" Assembly="Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders.dll"/>

• Replace that line with the following two lines.
    <ContentSourcePropertyProvider Provider="Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders.Providers.RevitModel_PropertyProvider" Assembly="Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders.dll"/>
    <ContentSourcePropertyProvider Provider="Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders.Providers.RevitFamily_PropertyProvider" Assembly="Connectivity.ContentSourcePropertyProviders.dll"/>

• Save the file.

Please try these steps to correct the issue.  If you have further questions, please let me know.

-John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report