Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Male-Only Drawing? :)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
215 Views, 2 Replies

Male-Only Drawing? :)

Sorry for the cryptic subject line...

We have a drawing of a small, 900 part assembly that two of our CAD draftpersons (females!) cannot open. However, all the males can open it fine...

Ok, I know its got nothing to do with gender, but it is a rather comical coincidence!

Anyways, the computers that can open them have been Vista x64, Vista x32 and XP x32. The two computers that won't open the drawing are both XP x32. All the computers are running Inventor 2010, SP1 with Vault Manufacturing 2010.

Inventor simply crashes to desktop on open. No message, no CER. They can open the assembly itself, but not the drawing. When we open the drawing on another computer, it looks fine (no errors, no pink annotations or dimensions, etc.). We've tried updating all sheets, editing the BOM, etc. and then saving and checking it back in but to no avail.

Any ideas as to what we could try to get it open on the other computers? Thanks!

Scott
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Scott,

Have you tried opening these files with fake moustaches? I suggest in this case though this is more likely a graphics card issue - you need to ensure the latest service packs for Inventor have been applied and check the graphics card driver version - a list of supported cards and drivers can be found from the help menu in Inventor or at:

http://www.inventor-certified.com/graphics/

In some cases an older driver may be better than a newer unproven driver.

Hope this helps,

Allan (Autodesk)

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hah!

Yeah, I was thinking over the weekend about service packs and video card drivers. Some of the computers that opened it again varied in service pack level and whether or not the video card drivers were updated, so its some mysterious combination of elements it would appear.

Thanks, Allan!

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report