Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link within Excel Files and Vault Collaboration 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BL-GL
866 Views, 1 Reply

Link within Excel Files and Vault Collaboration 2013

Hello,

I am using Excel files (xls or xlsx) with links between some cells from one file (named for exemple A.xls) to cells to the other file (named for exemple B.xls).

In A.xls file, the cell containing the link is like "=C:\Vault\B.xls|Sheet Name|CellCoordinate".

I would like to say that I will agree to use another solution for the link between the two files accordingly your answers to my following questions.

My computer is installed with Vault Collaboration Explorer Client 2013 and also the Vault Collaboration Office Client 2013.

I am using Office 2007.

My questions are :

1) Is there a way to check-in my linked Excel files within Vault with the preservation of the link?

2) Is it possible to view in the explorer that the linking file (ie A.xls) as a link with the linked file (ie B.xls) ?

3) Is there a way to automatically check-out the linked files when I check out the linking files or to receive message from Vault meaning that I have also to check out the B.xls file ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Bernard.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: BL-GL

What you are looking for is the "Attach" function in Vault (little paper clip):

Capture.JPG

When you CheckOut/Get/Open a file from Vault you should leave the "Include Attachments" option on, so that all referenced files will be acquired:

Capture3.JPG 

Attachments should also show up on the "Where Used" list and their master files will show the hierarchy under "Used", accordingly:

Capture2.JPG                           Capture1.JPG

As long as both master and attached file are downloaded to their relative folders (where the links can target the other document relative to where the files are saved), the sheets should be able to find each other and work together.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report