Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Assembly issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
405 Views, 3 Replies

Library Assembly issues

We have an issue that I'm trying to work on and get a solution to move forward on a current project.  Previously when using a pneumatic cylinder, the procedure has been to set the stroke length as a permanent extrusion and not have it flexible.  I have created a few new cylinders that have flexible strokes, and then have positions set up as well.  We want these cylinders to be available for all projects and to be uneditable, essentially we need them in the library.  What is happening is when we place this part from the library and make it flexible in a project the assembly becomes dirty and is requesting to save the file before checking the main assembly back into the vault.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it not possible to have a library assembly file that is flexible in another project? 

Something similar to this website: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0460-Assembli460/0536-Represen53...

The only thing is having those hydraulics as library parts.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nobody has ever experienced this?

Message 3 of 4
nstone2
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes I'm having a similar issue. 

I would like to hear from some one that has a work around for this.

Message 4 of 4
mikel_martin
in reply to: nstone2

I think the issue here is that the file is becoming dirty. Not that the file is in Vault.

Perhaps if you posted this in the Inventor forum you would get more responses.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report