Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Processor Error: Sync properties not allowed on non-tip versions

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
pney
4346 Views, 10 Replies

Job Processor Error: Sync properties not allowed on non-tip versions

Job processor displays "Sync properties not allowed on non-tip versions" when trying to sync the properties for both .IDW file and .DWG files.  The DWF's still seem to be created but the property sync error clogs up the job processor and needs to be cleared out daily.  Our lifecycle is set to 'sync properties and create DWF' when transitioning to a 'released' state and a file cannot move to a 'released' state unless there is property compliance. 

My question is:  What does this error mean, why is it happening, how do I fix it?

We are working with Vault Collaboration 2011, Inventor 2011 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2011.

Thanks

-Pete-

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
duayne.barr
in reply to: pney

Anyone?

Working with Vault Pro and Inventor suite 2011.

We don't even have it set to sync going from WIP to released.  Ours is set going from Released to WIP to grab the new rev on the files.

Message 3 of 11
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: duayne.barr

Hello,

When you see the "Error: Sync properties not allowed on non-tip versions" usually refers to the file was somehow updated since the job went into the job queue.  I just tried to reproduce your issue here locally and was unsuccessful.  I am guessing that somehow the file was updated.  Is it possible that a user would have updated the file shortly after the file has been set from released to WIP?  I would suspect a simple check-out could cause this problem as well.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 4 of 11
amasva

Does the jobserver "sync properties" when you move a file from released to work in progress? We have that setting on, and if a user checks out that file before the jobserver starts the "sync properties" job a new version is created and we get the error: "Sync properties not allowed on non-tip versions"

Asle Martin Svastuen
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2012 Sp1 / Vault Collaboration 2012 Sp1
HP EliteBook 8560w
Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 2,0GHz 2,0GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 7 X64 SP1
Message 5 of 11
duayne.barr
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

It is entirely likely the user checked out the file soon after going to WIP.  That would be the normal practice.  Change state to WIP, which causes a rev.  Then check the file out to work on it.  At this point, my guess is the designers will be confused if the rev hasn't changed on the drawings.  At this point, my guess is the only thing to do is turn it off and tell them the rev will eventually change or to do a manual sync before checking out. 

Message 6 of 11
cbenner

I am seeing this error in JP as well, running Vault Pro 2013.  I have the  transition  WIP - Released set to Sync Properties and Update View Using Job Server.  I get this error, and also a "File Locked" error.  The security on that transition includes the "Everyone" group with full rights... so JP should have rights to do this, correct?

Only way I can get this sync to work is to Release, the set to Quick Change and do a manual sync,... then back to Released.  Not a good workflow. 

Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Message 7 of 11
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: cbenner

What I usually find when the user has to switch to the quick change state and back is that the Job Processor user doesn't have full rights to the released state.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 8 of 11
mbodnar

Hi Chris

I personally have found that assigning the username everyone is not very usefull especially in this instance. I always assign every specific user names including the JP or/and Administrator with modify permissions at Releases State so the JP can perform the update DWF/sync properties, etc

Hope this helps

Max Bodnar

Message 9 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: mbodnar

I did all of these things and I am still getting this non tip error.  I know no one has checked out or modified or done anything with the files in question, ... because I'm the only one working with these files right now.  I am just not getting this workflow to gel.  And it's driving me nuts.  Good thing it's a weekend.

Message 10 of 11
JamesMcMullen

Hi Chris,

Sorry was away from the group for a while...  Are you still seeing this issue?  Assuming you are still seeing the issue, is it possible to get some information about the file itself?  Security on the folder, file, and category would be a good start.  Also, what version of the file is the Job Processor trying to work against? 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 11 of 11
mbodnar

Another observation when I suspect this error is coming up.

Had the transition from WIP to Review to sync properties and update DWF and have forgotten the drawing file open in Inventor. I think the JP tried to open it but because it was already opened, the error comes up

It appears that having JP on dedicated machine might be the way to reduce some but not all the JP errors

Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report