Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to rename a file without increasing the revision?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Bidu6
528 Views, 5 Replies

Is there a way to rename a file without increasing the revision?

My company has batch loaded plenty of files into Vault. However, there were a lot with incorrect names that I have come across. I would like to rename these files inside of Vault (instead of deleting the files and reloading them which would take forever) yet I absolutely DO NOT want to increase the revision because the revision is correct. Is there a way in Vault Professional 2013?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
olearya
in reply to: Bidu6

Hi there,

Yes - you should be fine to put the document into quick change, modify and release again.  Quick change is simply a restricted state that allows editing without revision bump - so in reality changing revision bump rules to not create a new revision will work.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
mailbox
in reply to: olearya

Can this be done with vault basic?

Message 4 of 6
olearya
in reply to: mailbox

Hi There,

Revisions and lifecycle states are not available in Vault Basic - you are perhaps talking about file versions and no a version is created with the new file name.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
cadcamm99
in reply to: olearya

is Quick Change only in 2013? How about 2012?
Message 6 of 6
olearya
in reply to: cadcamm99

Hi there,

Quick change is a lifecycle state that we provide as part of a sample lifecycle scheme - so it should be available by default or you can create a quick change state - its only unique characteristic is transition rules.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report