Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor vault addin shows duplicate files. Can't Checkin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jparks_79
374 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor vault addin shows duplicate files. Can't Checkin

Hello,

I have found this issue a couple times and haven't found a way to fix it.

A designer creates an assembly with a "dummy" file. Replaces the dummy file with a real file from vault which is released. For some reason the vault addin retains the link to the old file, even though it is no longer listed in the assembly tree. And it cannot be removed

The only option I can find is to completely rebuild the assembly. Please take a look at the attached image. The top 2 items are the problem files, 1112256.

I have tried deleting, replacing, editing. No worky.

Vault gods, please help 🙂

Thanks,

Jeremy

screenshot.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: jparks_79

Hi Jeremy,

We need some more information.

Which version of Inventor and Vault you are using?

Are these 2 files ( Dummy and Real) reside in the same folder or different folder? 

If they are in different folder, how about their names? are they same or different?

Are they both available in Vault?

I am trying to visualise the scenario. If possible, could you please share a video showing the issue or atleast the steps to follow? That would help me to understand and replicate the issue. 

Thanks.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 8
jparks_79
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi Senthil,

We are using Inventor Pro 2012 and Vault Pro 2012.

I guess I should let you know the assembly is created via API. So create assemblies with the program. The program also creates new ipt's.

For this example, the vb program is creating an assembly with some components directly below, with one subassembly with a few components. I think the structure can be seen from the screenshot.

So what we found that there are double entries appearing in the vault panel as seen in the screenshot. But the "extra" models are not visible or selectable from the model or from the assembly tree. Only work around we have is to create the assembly again manually.

Too be honest, I have asked our development team take a look. They are clearly doing something fishy during the component placement causing this "double" phantom entry. I would hesitate to get autodesk involved any further until the developers have had a chance to take a look. Dont want to waste your time if they are aware of the issue.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 4 of 8
r.smith1

Hi Jeremy,

One thing we also need to understand is how the replace function is happening.  Is it being completed from Inventor, or From vault.  If form Inventor are you replacing a component from Vault or from the workspace?  

Is there some other API call that causes the files to be created in inventor then automatically checked into Vault?  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
jparks_79
in reply to: r.smith1

Hi Ron,

Its been a while. I hope all is well.

After looking at the problem a little closer, the duplicate item in the vault tree is happening before the user makes any modifications. It is coming directly this way from our assembly configurator.

The program itself is not pulling from vault in this example, the files in question are created from scratch.The program does not check anything in or out of the vault. It only gets "copies" from the vault. And these are standard parts like nuts and bolts type stuff.

I am still waiting for an answer from our developers to find out if they can pinpoint the problem. When I find something out I will try to post it

Message 6 of 8
jparks_79

Hi Ron,

If you don't mind, here is the ADN support ticket number. Could you have a look into it? Thanks

Message 7 of 8
r.smith1

Hi Jeremy,

It appears the ADN team has been waiting a few days for a reply from S. Tawar.  They requested some specific information in the case.  I advise that S.Tawar send this data to the ADN team as soon as possible so they can better assist with this customization.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
jparks_79
in reply to: r.smith1

Thanks Ron. I will let the team know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report