Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor .idw/.ipt property compliance and UDP "Rev Number"

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
petr.vanek
523 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor .idw/.ipt property compliance and UDP "Rev Number"

Hello,
We've got problem with UDP "Rev Number" when we want cooperate this UDP with system property
"Revision". Vault report a non-compliant for .idw file.

Configuration (mapping) UDP "Rev Number" and system property"Revision" is here:

User defined property "Rev Number":
Provider               File Property    Type    Classification             Mapping            Create

Inventor               Rev Number    Text    Standard            Vault <-> Document    Yes
Inventor DWG     Rev Number     Text    Standard            Vault <-> Document    Yes
AutoCAD             Rev Number    Text    Standard             Vault <-> Document    Yes

UDP "Rev Number" has declared categories as well.

System property "Revision":
Provider                File Property    Type    Classification                Mapping            Create
Inventor                Rev Number    Text     Standard               Vault -> Document    No
Inventor DWG       Rev Number    Text    Standard                Vault -> Document    No

When we Check in new .ipt with .idw from Inventor to Vault there is this situation:

.ipt has Property compliance - Compliant and "Rev Number" is empty, "Revision" is "0"
.idw has Property compliance - Noncompliant equivalence and "Rev Number" is 1 (one) !!
    "Revision" is "0".

This is problem for work with lifecycle when Vault changes lifecycle  state and
controls revisions. There Property compliance could be Compliant, it's nice behaviour.

I've read Chris Benner's report "Inventor DWG property compliance" 09-11-2013 here at forums.
But I can't to find the solution. I've tried change the mapping "Rev Number"configuration
above without good result.

I think cooperation UDP "Rev Number" and system "Revision", I mean interchange argument,
is not possible if you want to use only Vault skills.

Unfurtunately elementary advice probably is - don't use UDP "Rev Number" and mapping for
System property "Revision".

Do you happen to have some better practices with it, if any.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Peter

Sonenberg
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report