Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Drawing logo-Vault Check-in Failed

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
varindersra
918 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor Drawing logo-Vault Check-in Failed

I have inserted a logo in the template file (logo is embedded, not linked). Now when I use this template file with logo to insert drawing views and tries to check it into vault logo shows up in the check in window and it shows up in location where I never had any logo and checkin fails because it could not find the file there. and when I look in the browser bar in inventor under vault it shows me multiple copies of logo at different locations. I even tried to delete the logo but it still shows up under vault and number of logos list under vault increases. Any solution for this. I am using vault professional 2011 and vault professional 2011. I already posted this on inventor discussion group I didn't got any response from them.

756i959C443004AD2413

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan_ho
in reply to: varindersra

Theoretically, you shouldn't be seeing the file names of the log in the vault browser if you have embedded them in your template.

If you have used linked image image files, they should show under a 3rd Party group in the vault browser. (Which in your case, the 3rd Party group is missing)

Would it be possible for you to upload your template file and logo to this thread? We can do further investigation from there.

Alan Ho
Principal Experience Designer
Digital Platform & Experience
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
varindersra
in reply to: alan_ho

I am sending you the template file in this post and logo in next due to size restrictions.

Message 4 of 7
varindersra

Logo file attach. Please see previous post for template file.

Message 5 of 7
alan_ho

I checked your template file and it seems to have a number of unreferenced XREFs attached  to it.

I have detached these XREFs and your template (see attachment) should be free of them now.

Let me know if this works for you.

Alan Ho
Principal Experience Designer
Digital Platform & Experience
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
varindersra
in reply to: alan_ho

That works. Thanks a lot!

Message 7 of 7
JOye

How do you go about detaching these logo xrefs within Inventor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report