Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Vault Version Released, not WIP

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
335 Views, 2 Replies

Initial Vault Version Released, not WIP

Hi,

I'm going through some of our previously vaulted projects and bringing the lifecycles up to date, and I noticed several files where the initial version in Vault is set as Released.  I didn't know this was even possible, I thought initial versions were always Work In Progress.  Since these are Released with no revision information on them, if I want to use the Vault Revision table (and I do), I have to delete them from Vault and revault them from the CAD file.  Not a big deal, it's only one or two,... but does anyone know what might cause this, so I can watch for it in the future?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
luttena
in reply to: cbenner

Hello Chris,

There are a few ways that first version of the file can get into a released state. The first thing that comes to mind is that the lifecycle's default state is (or was) set to 'Released'. The default state can be any state you want. Is it possible that was the case?

There are also other utilities that are used by resellers that could have created this scenario. But the default state seems more likely.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: luttena

Hmm,... that is highly possible, (probable).  It seems to be one group of files that were all vaulted around the same time period.  The current default is WIP, and all of my most recently vaulted files are just fine.

Thanks for the reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report