Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete web-client link (the referenced vault does not exist)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Maxim-CADman77
599 Views, 3 Replies

Incomplete web-client link (the referenced vault does not exist)

We are at stage of wide implementing web-client.

I feel a bit fed up with making each and every new user to print/choose name of our Vault (database) when he/she uses web-client link.

By default the "Vault:" field is filled with "Vault" and of course user who just presses <LogIn> gets message "the referenced vault does not exist" (Vault names are made customizable to be customized, right?).

Is there any way to include Vault Name to web-client link (like it is done for Vault Explorer links)?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge this is not possible to create a link an URL including pre-defined values for the login site. However, when the user logs in again the last values should be already populated. It means, he must type the Vault name only once.

Hope it helps.

Olaf Górski
Message 3 of 4

Once per .. day / OS session / IE session?

Any answer won't satisfy me. Users always bother Vault admin.

Just wonder why it wasn't done alike with VE links...
Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Olaf.Górski

@Olaf.Górski wrote:

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge this is not possible to create a link an URL including pre-defined values for the login site. However, when the user logs in again the last values should be already populated. It means, he must type the Vault name only once.

Hope it helps.

Olaf, this is not always the case, as I have seen the problem as well.  If a user logs in on Web Client, and selects the correct Vault name, then does not log in a gain for a while... sometimes it reverts back to the default "Vault" on a subsequent login.  Does this require "cookies" for the Client to remember the previous login?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report