Vault General

Contributor
janovskyjdk
Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)

Impossible cancel check-out

98 Views, 2 Replies
10-16-2009 08:05 AM
Hello,
I have got model from our customer. This model I have used in a top assembly and now I need to load all into Vault.
It's impossible, because there is message to save model. But I can't save model by the reason of it's checked-out to other user.
So I loaded the model into Vault by drag and drop, not by Inventor. It was possible. I can this model check-out, check-in, but I can't save it by the same reason (see attached picture).
Is it purpose to lock the file, or mistake ? Is there any solution ?

Thanks
Pavel
Employee
polo.zhenshi
Message 2 of 3 (98 Views)

Re: Impossible cancel check-out

10-16-2009 05:56 PM in reply to: janovskyjdk
Hello,
Do you use the same server with your customer? if so, you cannot modify or check in/undo check out the file that checked out to other user. if not, could you check the files attributes(uncheck the Read-only option).
Another way you can try is: open the model and save as another file(may be different file name), then check in to vault and rename back.
Regards,
Polo
Contributor
janovskyjdk
Message 3 of 3 (98 Views)

Re: Impossible cancel check-out

10-19-2009 02:05 AM in reply to: janovskyjdk
Hello,
thanks for advice. Copy component is good way.
I used command copy component for whole assembly (the model is assembly) and new copy is OK.
I don't understand the lock - we don't use same server, files aren't read only. But it doesn't matter now.
Regards
Pavel

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community