Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible cancel check-out

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pavel_JDK
258 Views, 2 Replies

Impossible cancel check-out

Hello,
I have got model from our customer. This model I have used in a top assembly and now I need to load all into Vault.
It's impossible, because there is message to save model. But I can't save model by the reason of it's checked-out to other user.
So I loaded the model into Vault by drag and drop, not by Inventor. It was possible. I can this model check-out, check-in, but I can't save it by the same reason (see attached picture).
Is it purpose to lock the file, or mistake ? Is there any solution ?

Thanks
Pavel
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
polo.zhenshi
in reply to: Pavel_JDK

Hello,
Do you use the same server with your customer? if so, you cannot modify or check in/undo check out the file that checked out to other user. if not, could you check the files attributes(uncheck the Read-only option).
Another way you can try is: open the model and save as another file(may be different file name), then check in to vault and rename back.
Regards,
Polo
Message 3 of 3
Pavel_JDK
in reply to: Pavel_JDK

Hello,
thanks for advice. Copy component is good way.
I used command copy component for whole assembly (the model is assembly) and new copy is OK.
I don't understand the lock - we don't use same server, files aren't read only. But it doesn't matter now.
Regards
Pavel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report