Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing files from Productstream pro 2010 into vault 2010 and back

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
advise
606 Views, 8 Replies

Importing files from Productstream pro 2010 into vault 2010 and back

Hi,

I would like to know the best practice to Import files from Productstream pro 2010 into vault 2010 and back.

I have found Autodesk Data Exchange, but that piece of software only works with the 2011 software.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ihayesjr
in reply to: advise

Can you tell us exactly what you are trying to accomplish?  There is no method to do what you have stated.

Are you just trying to get rid of all of the Items and COs associated to the files?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 9
advise
in reply to: ihayesjr

I will try to explain:

A client of ours is using Productstream pro 2010 with Inventor 2010. They want to make a "pack & go" of a model and send it to us to modify te model. We want to put the model in our Vault 2010 and start working on it. After we are finished we send the files back to them and they will put it back in Productstream.

We know it is possible, but we want to know the  best way to do this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
john.laidler

Client:  Create Pack-n-Go and 'check out'.

You:  Check out your 'versions', then overwrite with your clients files in workspace.  Modify, then check into your Vault.

Create your 'pack-n-go', then email back to your client.  Depending on your policies, release the documents.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 5 of 9
advise
in reply to: john.laidler

So there is no need to use Autodesk Data Exchange ? 

We have tried your solution and it went fine with the assembies. But with importing the .idw's into PSP, all the relations between the .idw and the .iam's were lost.

Message 6 of 9
ihayesjr

You should make sure that you are checking in the files with Inventor to keep the relationships.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 7 of 9
john.laidler

When checking in or importing, the top-level file is the IDW.  Check in with that file, and the assemblies will go in also.  If you check in with the assembly, the IDW will be ignored.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 8 of 9
advise
in reply to: john.laidler

Thanks for the quick response, will try this tomorrow.

But what is the use of Data Exchange ? 

Message 9 of 9
advise

I do not think this is the solution. When you want to put your files in Productstream, this is not a check-in procedure.

Why is there a tool called Autodesk Data Exchange ? The description of the sotfware is: Autodesk Data Exchange 2011 is a tool that allows exchange of files between Autodesk Vault and Autodesk Productstream Professional." But i need a version that is compatible with 2010 products.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report